Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Long period after miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage the last week of July and just got my period 2 weeks ago.  The problem it is still going on.  I have been bleeding for 2 weeks, only 2 heavy days the rest pretty light.  Does this seem normal after a miscarriage?  Anyone else ever have this trouble?  Thanks
How far along were you before the m/c? The farther along you were, the more messed up your cycle is likely to be. Have you called your Dr?
I was one day shy of being 13 weeks.  Doc told me to give it another week since it is not heavy bleeding
That does sound within normal. I agree with your Dr. If it is light, it will probably stop soon. If it gets heavy again though, you should call him right away.
How long did you bleed after the M/C? Cause I just had the M/C and am still bleeding (almost three weeks)...well not bleeding...spotting...or light brownish discharge.

Did you have a D and C?

Did you have an ultrasound to see if everything was out?  You might need one....but the fact that you are bleeding is probably good because if you did have anything left over your body is cleaning it out.....
With my m/c my first period after was really heavy and lasted around 2 weeks, but I had only a few lighter days, a good 10 days was really heavy.  I think it just takes awhile to get it all out of your system.  My Dr. was notr surprised by my period and said it was good, meant that my body was doing it's job.  Hope it stops soon for you though, it's not that fun.
I had a natural m/c at 12 weeks and bleed for over 2 weeks and then my period after that was awful its was so heavy and clotting thought I had to go to doctor but it stopped just after 2 weeks I think its just your body cleaning itself out after that my periods were normal well I only had 2 then got preg again and are 32weeks now I gave my body 3 months to recover as there was no way I'd ever want to go thru that again. I think as you were close to 13 weeks thats why your bleeding a little longer nothing to worry about. Sorry for you loss its hard to get to that far and miscarry my baby died at close to 12 weeks and I didnt know I started bleeding and 3 days later passed a baby that was very traumatic but I got to meet my little one and know they are in heaven now. take care.