Low heart rate 6 wekks and 3 days

Okay the first time I had an ultrasound they saw a sac but no fetal pole. So my Dr had me go back 2 weeks later. This time they got a fetal pole and heart beat. My dr. called me on friday and wants me to go back for another because the heart rate was only 80bpm. Has anyone ever experienced this?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have the same situation. I'm 6 w 3 days pregnant. Yesterday I had my first us. The heartbeat was 79. Doctor said it is a sign for miscariage. I'm so upset. I've been trying to conceive more than a year. and I got pregnant with 2. IUI. Next friday I'll have another US. I'm so scared...
Helpful - 0
At 6 weeks 1 day my babies hbs were 80 and 85 resp... they r healthy 3 months old now..
Don't worry ..its not a low hb. The heart probabely started just then..
Helpful - 0
At 6w1d my baby had a hb of 89. Dr. gave me a 50/50 chance. I was crushed. I came back a week later to I think 120 and Now He's 10months old! Good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
I'm in the same situation.  My first ultrasound had just a gestational sac only.  The second ultrasound had a yolk sac inside of the gestational sac.  And my third ultrasound (one week later), I could actually see the baby and it's heart beat.  The issue is that the heart rate is extremely low at about 52bpm.  I was told this would most likely misscarry but there was a small chance that the baby will be okay.  I'm going in for ANOTHER ultrasound a week from today and hopefully the heart beat will go up.  Take care and I wish you luck as well as luck for me.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the comments
Helpful - 0
My baby's heartbeat was low just before 6 weeks.  Gave it about a week and half to two weeks, went back, and it was up to 130 and then started getting to be between 150 and 160.  I bet you will feel better after the next ultrasound!
Helpful - 0
the hb was probably so low because the heart probably just started beating. sounds like your doctor is just being cautious, especially if everything else is progressing well like your hcgs
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.