Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Lump on son's neck.

I have a 2 1/2 year old son, and recently I discovered a lump on his neck. It's located right between his collarbone and ear. It's not a hard lump, but soft to the touch. (For example, the way it feels when you press on a vein on your hand.) It's about the size of a dime, and he flinches when I touch it. Otherwise, he doesn't seem to notice it, and he's acting normal. I'm going to try to get a doctor appointment tomorrow. I have a nurse friend, and she looked at it. She didn't know what it was, but said it definitely looked abnormal. Any ideas on what this might be?
It could possibly be a swollen lymph node.
Yeah, we just got back from the doctor, and that's what it was. I was so worried last night, I was scared it might be cancerous or something they have to surgically remove. I am thankful that God is watching over my baby! =)
I'm really glad that's all it was. The worrying never ends when you're a mother.