Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Menstrual cramps/no period

Hello-my first time to this wonderful site! My husband and I just started trying this month for our 2nd child. I was gone for 2 wks, but had unprotected sex both before and after I returned. I totally expected to have my period since I was gone for so long. I had just gotten off the pill before having my last period. So, I started having very bad menstrual cramps and "shocks" in my breasts 3 days ago. I kept running to the bathroom thinking I was going to start. Nothing. I have taken 3 HPT and all were negative. I have had no bleeding. This is to the T the only pregnancy symptoms I had with my son-bad cramps/no period and shocks in breasts. But, I think I waited longer to take a test last time. Also, last time I got off the pill I had a normal period..and I don't understand severe cramping with no period. Should I have waited longer to take the tests? I'm only 3 days late. I would appreciate any help :)
29 Responses
some people don't show up positive on a hpt the early wait a few more days and re test or go to the doctor and get a blood test done.
I am in the same boat as you...I am 5 days late...mild cramping today but no AF...I am trying to get prego but it doesn't seem to happen quick enough.  I tested on Monday and it was BFN...I am going to test again on 5/31 if no AF shows up...Baby dust to you...
So you are in the same boat huh? I guess you're just as confused as me :)Well, I still have not started! It has been approx. 6 days since I was supposed to start AF. Still having mild cramping, but not as strong as it was the day I was supposed to start AF. All HPT are neg, but since I was out of town for 2 wks, I had to have been ovulating the first of last week-maybe that isn't enough time to show up. Does anyone know?
425962 tn?1285090058
I'm in the same boat too! Cramping off and on - especially at night. Frequent urination and that's about it. I'm a few days late... Good Luck to us all!
It's so funny that you mentioned breast "shocks" I'm experience the EXACT same thing!!  lol with my first pregnancy I took 8 pregnancy test before one came out positive and I was 2 months prego!  I've taken 3 so far and all negative.. very frustrating!  Are you have increased discharge or anything like that too?
That is so Funny! We are wanting number four but I just got my cycle back with number 3 in sept (when she was 16 mos she is now 18 mos). I had one cycle that was prettty normal then a suoer crazy cycle with excessive bleeding like  I have never experienced in my life.  So I was expecting my cycle to stat on or about the 19th (being that my cycle has been between 27 and 31 days for as long as I have charted it).  Well on the 21st I got some pretty bad cramping and it went on for a couple of days straight.  My husband and I have been seperated for the last 5 months becasue we are active duty Army, but I was sure we missed my ovulation.  I thought implantation pain had to happen around or during ovulation?  I am not taking a pregnancy test becuase they have all come back negative with all 3 previous pregnancies until I was like a month pregnant and did the blood tests.  I am not 7 days late?  what is the verdict?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.