Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Menstrual cramps/no period

Hello-my first time to this wonderful site! My husband and I just started trying this month for our 2nd child. I was gone for 2 wks, but had unprotected sex both before and after I returned. I totally expected to have my period since I was gone for so long. I had just gotten off the pill before having my last period. So, I started having very bad menstrual cramps and "shocks" in my breasts 3 days ago. I kept running to the bathroom thinking I was going to start. Nothing. I have taken 3 HPT and all were negative. I have had no bleeding. This is to the T the only pregnancy symptoms I had with my son-bad cramps/no period and shocks in breasts. But, I think I waited longer to take a test last time. Also, last time I got off the pill I had a normal period..and I don't understand severe cramping with no period. Should I have waited longer to take the tests? I'm only 3 days late. I would appreciate any help :)
some people don't show up positive on a hpt the early wait a few more days and re test or go to the doctor and get a blood test done.
I am in the same boat as you...I am 5 days late...mild cramping today but no AF...I am trying to get prego but it doesn't seem to happen quick enough.  I tested on Monday and it was BFN...I am going to test again on 5/31 if no AF shows up...Baby dust to you...
So you are in the same boat huh? I guess you're just as confused as me :)Well, I still have not started! It has been approx. 6 days since I was supposed to start AF. Still having mild cramping, but not as strong as it was the day I was supposed to start AF. All HPT are neg, but since I was out of town for 2 wks, I had to have been ovulating the first of last week-maybe that isn't enough time to show up. Does anyone know?
I'm in the same boat too! Cramping off and on - especially at night. Frequent urination and that's about it. I'm a few days late... Good Luck to us all!
It's so funny that you mentioned breast "shocks" I'm experience the EXACT same thing!!  lol with my first pregnancy I took 8 pregnancy test before one came out positive and I was 2 months prego!  I've taken 3 so far and all negative.. very frustrating!  Are you have increased discharge or anything like that too?
That is so Funny! We are wanting number four but I just got my cycle back with number 3 in sept (when she was 16 mos she is now 18 mos). I had one cycle that was prettty normal then a suoer crazy cycle with excessive bleeding like  I have never experienced in my life.  So I was expecting my cycle to stat on or about the 19th (being that my cycle has been between 27 and 31 days for as long as I have charted it).  Well on the 21st I got some pretty bad cramping and it went on for a couple of days straight.  My husband and I have been seperated for the last 5 months becasue we are active duty Army, but I was sure we missed my ovulation.  I thought implantation pain had to happen around or during ovulation?  I am not taking a pregnancy test becuase they have all come back negative with all 3 previous pregnancies until I was like a month pregnant and did the blood tests.  I am not 7 days late?  what is the verdict?