Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Mirena IUD

Hey ladies! I am considering getting Mirena inserted for birth control. Has anyone had this done? Did it work, and does it hurt??

Thanks!
-Nicole

Hi Nicole, I have no advice for you as I have never used and IUD, but I just wanted you to know that someone here cares.  Sorry no one has answered your post.  I would just do as much research as you can and then make an educated choice.  By the way, what an adorible baby Evan is!!!  Well, I need to go, we are having a harvest party at church tonight.  Just wanted to say Hi and let you know I was thinking of you.  Kasie
hi. I just wanted to post that i have the copper IUD as i did not want to have any hormones. It is comfortable and I do not feel it at all. It was a bit pain full having it inserted because my doc had to open my cervix a bit. I felt like i was in labor again but it only took a minute. any way good luck.
I had the Mirena IUD.  It did hurt going in, but just for a couple of minutes.  Afterward, I had cramps for the rest of the day, but nothing unmanageable.  I did have spotting/bleeding for about three months afterward, and then occassional spotting between periods.  I removed it after eight months, though, due to weight gain and acne.  It wasn't for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.  Good luck!