A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
223520 tn?1221443883

Mirena IUD

Hey ladies! I am considering getting Mirena inserted for birth control. Has anyone had this done? Did it work, and does it hurt??

Thanks!
-Nicole

3 Responses
225036 tn?1294513000
Hi Nicole, I have no advice for you as I have never used and IUD, but I just wanted you to know that someone here cares.  Sorry no one has answered your post.  I would just do as much research as you can and then make an educated choice.  By the way, what an adorible baby Evan is!!!  Well, I need to go, we are having a harvest party at church tonight.  Just wanted to say Hi and let you know I was thinking of you.  Kasie
hi. I just wanted to post that i have the copper IUD as i did not want to have any hormones. It is comfortable and I do not feel it at all. It was a bit pain full having it inserted because my doc had to open my cervix a bit. I felt like i was in labor again but it only took a minute. any way good luck.
I had the Mirena IUD.  It did hurt going in, but just for a couple of minutes.  Afterward, I had cramps for the rest of the day, but nothing unmanageable.  I did have spotting/bleeding for about three months afterward, and then occassional spotting between periods.  I removed it after eight months, though, due to weight gain and acne.  It wasn't for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.  Good luck!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.