Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Miscarry Naturally?

It is a fact that I am going to miscarry.  I am 7wk 1dy today.  I have started having stomach pain and sharp pains around my ovaries and feel bloated.  I last 2 miscarraiges I had D&C. I have never m.c naturally past 5 weeks.  My Dr gave me a script for percocet.  Is it really bad and how long does it last?  I have not started bleeding yet.
How do you know for sure you are m/c'ing????  The pain could be nothing.  Some pain is common in pregnancy.  If you are NOT bleeding right now I would wait things out.  What did your dr say????  I would make an appt for an u/s or to check your levels.  I do not know anything about the meds the dr gave you during pg either.  I may hold off taking them until you know for sure you are going to miscarry.  Good Luck I hope all works out for you.
Sorry misread the very first line about it being a fact you were going to miscarry.  Again though did a dr tell you this???  Again I am sorry
It sounds as though you are certain you are miscarrying.  I am only assuming b/c your dr. did all the neccessary tests to arrive at this conclusion.  I miscarried at 6 weeks and did it all naturally.   The pain was as though I had a really heavy period and was cramping a great deal.  I do have a high threshhold for pain though.  The one thing that bothered me the most is that the clotting was uncontrollable and I could hardly make it to the restroom and pull down my pants and a huge clump would come out - one time in my jeans b4 I could sit -(Sorry for the graphic details).  My dr. did a mini d/c in her office and at one point that hurt a bit, she had to get the last tiny dime size piece of tissue.  She gave me some medicine to help with the heavy bleeding and contract my uterus to help get the rest of the tissue out.  I am sorry you have to go through this - but remember you are not alone.  We are here to support one another.  You are in my prayers.
My pharmacist advised aleve as well to help with the pain in addition to the rx pain meds. In addition I combined those with a heating pad and hot soaks in the tub and made it through okay. I have had three at home (and one I had to have a d&c).

I am very sorry for your loss. I felt most at peace when I was able to m/c naturally at home, it helped with the closure part of it and enabled me to deal with it on my own terms.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Andrea
I highly recommend a d&c. As a RN myself, I felt comfortable w/the procedure and couldn't imagine seeing blood/clots,etc in my toilet. This is a very quick procedure (5 mins). I would, however, insist on being sedated (not general anesth.). I had it w/just local and a shot of Nubane. It was useless for pain, and I would say it was quite painful. I do these all the time at work and never saw it done w/out some anesthesia. I'm disappointed in myself for not insisting on something. Anyway, bottom line is I had this 'all behind me' by 12 noon after finding out my baby died. Plus it's rare to have to go back for missed tissue which can happen 'naturally'.
when I had my miscarriage my dr said to let it happen naturally i was 6 weeks it wasnt painfull once I had actually miss caried but I did spot blood for a whole month on and off that part really sucked and it mad me think of lossing the baby all the time and I had people tell me I should have had a d&c so it really depends on how you feel about the whole thing. my best wishes go out to you.