Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
180483 tn?1229529168

Mixing rice cereal with water???

My DD has started rice cereal and loves it!  Sometimes I don't have enough breast milk to mix her cereal with and she will NOT eat it mixed w/ formula.  Can I mix it w/ a little water instead or is that a no-no??
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
568659 tn?1256139982
That's just fine :)
Helpful - 0
145992 tn?1341345074
Water is fine.
Helpful - 0
180483 tn?1229529168
Thanks!  No where on the box did it say water and I didn't want to do anything wrong and hurt my precious baby.
Helpful - 0
562884 tn?1279632334
You can also use juice, if she is at the point of drinking it yet., PS water is never bad for any body.
Helpful - 0
Water works, and I too use gerber juice on occasion to spice it up for her.  I also mix veggies with her rice cereral - Ava LOVES peas with her cereal.  :)
Helpful - 0
I wanted to mention that Ava is still primarily breastfed, but I do give her cereal usually once a day, sometimes twice if we are going to be out for a while.
Helpful - 0
180483 tn?1229529168
Thanks!  I haven't even given her juice yet and hadn't thought of that before.  Funny on the peas...Avery HATES them!  She makes the funniest gagging face when she eats them.  It's hysterical!  Guess she gets that from me, b/c I hate peas too.
Helpful - 0
Ava doesn't care for the peas by themselves but when I mix them with her cereal she loves it.  Try it.  :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.