My baby has never been super active in the womb, now movement has slowed down even more :(

I'm 32 weeks...Throughout my entire pregnancy the baby hasn't been super active (this is my 2nd pregnancy),I can't recall any hard kicks or kicks for sure more movements and somersaults and about 3 weeks ago she really started to move in there but that only lasted for a week or so and now we're back down to very low movements...I feel her possibly waving her arm or moving slightly but no big movements, I also feel her get the hiccups...Today when I spoke with my doctor about it she too was concerned as she felt where the feet were and pushed them and baby didn't kick back but her heart rate did go up which she said was a good sign when she became agitated...she scheduled an ultra sound in two weeks to check on baby and see if we can see why she's not kicking...Has anyone had this issue or know what could be the cause?  I think I'll call on Monday and see if I can set up anything that afternoon so we can see the baby and hopefully get to the bottom of her lack of movement...I'm trying to stay positive but I just want to know what's going on!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
During your 3rd trimester your baby can begin move less due to the even more restricting confinements of your womb. I read it in "What to Expect When You're Expecting".
Helpful - 0
Hi Melissa!. I stumbled upon your posts- read them all cos I seem to have had the same issues. Im also 39, low ovarian reserve, poor responder to ivf ( 2 follicles in Ist cyle in jan 2010, the clinic insisted to convert to IUI-.). I am currently doing a natural IVF cycle in a different clinic againI have two maturing follicles........ I just hope and pray for a miracle.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Helpful - 0
hi there i came across ur note...i wanted to say that i'm in the same boat. i never felt any kicks and i'm at 32 weeks...just tiny light flutters at the bottom of my belly. the dr said i had an anterior placenta which would prevent me to feel those kicks..they also said that as the baby grows i should be able to feel them. but i've had no such luck. at one point a few weeks ago i didnt feel anything for almost a week and went to er to get checked out. the hb was good...they did an u/s and the baby was not much of  amover...just shifted a bit side to side...i cant feel it hiccup either..i too hope everything is ok with our lil ones...i keep having a fear that something is wrong with his legs too and i just hope all is ok. good luck with ur lil girl.
Helpful - 0
Sorry I didn't get to respond sooner. It's too bad they didn't do an ultrasound. I know that would have eased your mind...it always did for me. The only thing I can say is if your gut instinct is telling you something is wrong, you need to really be on the doctors to do more. (I don't like to be dishonest but sometimes with healthcare you have to embelish things to get them to do their job) It's easier said than done, I know but sometimes the doctors just have to be bugged a lot before they will do anything.  Waiting is so hard and it's even harder not to worry. You and your little one are in my prayers and not too long from now you'll be holding her!
Helpful - 0
They sent me to labor and delivery on Monday and monitored the baby for four hours but never did an ultra sound...heart beat was fine, always around 135...I'm measuring big, have the entire pregnancy...I'm 32 weeks and measuring 35 wks.  Glad to hear that your baby boy was fine...one of the doctors told me during this pregnancy that it's just her personality and I really hope so, though I am concerned that there's something wrong with her legs or worse since she didn't kick the doctor back...although I'm taking it as a good sign that the doctor who noticed this wasn't too worried since she scheduled the ultra sound in two weeks and didn't rush one...Still concerning.
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry that you have to go through all this worry. If the movements slow down considerably you can always go to labor/delivery at the hospital and be checked out. I've always been told it's better to be safe than sorry and you'd most likely get an ultrasound done which would ease your mind.

I had a similar experience with my second pregnancy. I was constantly asking my husband if he thought we had lost the baby because he never moved or it was slow, lazy kicks and it never last long. When I was pregnant with my daughter it was the exact opposite...she moved so much that I would worry she would get tangled in her cord! Anyway, my son turned out just fine. He was just a big baby for me and really didn't have the room to move much. I worried all the time and did go to the ER once (they sent me to labor/deliver) and all was just fine.  I'm sure your little one is just fine. Keep us updated.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.