My baby is yaking.

So my daughter is 3 weeks old now. I have her on Enfamil Gentle ease infant formula. But she gives me trouble burping, barely spits up but her tongue becomes white from her burping or this yaking sound she'll make every so often that sounds like shes clearing her throat. Its like shes not spitting up enough for it to leak out but enough for it to get stuck on her tongue. She'll grunt a bit in her sleep as if shes clearing her throat too and idk if its because of the formula. She doesn't have diarrhea or any vomiting and she eats it just fine although she is very gassy. I just did not know if this yaking noise is bad and I try to wipe off the white stuff on her tongue but I can only manage to get a small amount off. Its not always white. Just for a long time after eating.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yaking *yacking *hacking. Basically a sound like she has phlem or is trying to clear out something. Like that noise Jack made in Titanic when trying to spit like a man. Lol
Helpful - 0
It may be a bit of reflux. Talk to your pediatrician about it. Try keeping her upright for 30 min after a feeding and see if that helps a bit. How do you burp her? Try a different method to find what works best.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.