NORMAL PERIOD WHILE PREGNANT

Okay listen i dont mean to sound rude or anything but whats with all these women saying they have had friends that have had normal periods during thier pregnancy? Do you have any idea what a period is? its the shedding of the inner wall of your uterus. if u were pregnant than the baby would not be able to survive this. my only problem with these women saying they had normal periods while pregnant is that they are mistaking a "period" with implantation bleeding or other forms of bleeding. when u post comments on this website and say that u have had friends or u yourself have had periods while pregnant people read this and become confused. not all women reading these comments want to be pregnant. some women are tring to find out possibilities that they are not pregnant. i know it doesnt seem like a big deal to call any form of bleeding a "period" but when a "period" is the last clue to tell you your not pregnant, than all of a sudden we can take off the "   "
on period and start understanding that a period is a lot different from just any "bleeding."
thank you for reading this comment and by all means if anyone can prove that a period is possible while being pragnant scientificly and medically i will be happy to repost another comment stating my lack of knowlege and ignorance to this matter....
thank u for your time.
You're exactly right. It's possible to have period-like bleeding during pregnancy, but not a true period. I think some of us have given up trying to explain this, because it will eventually come up again and again.
exactly, i just dont know what to tell these girls who ask me if its a normal period or not. its a hard question to answer. do u have any advice for me to tell them? Ive even had a girl on one of these blogs tell me they have taken a negative pregnancy test and got their period the next day which lasted a good 5 days and they still arent sure about being preg. or not. what do u think would be a good response to tell them? no one should have to go through the suffering of not knowing for sure. so what do u think mslkpage?
I'd say a negative test + normal period = not pregnant. BUT, I had a negative test once followed by light bleeding (which I thought was a period), and it turned out I WAS pg!! It was ectopic, so the bleeding was an indicator that the pregnancy was abnormal. Same reason it took me longer than normal to test +. In cases where all the indicators point to not being pg, but the person is still uncertain, I usually suggest they see their obgyn and request a blood test just for peace of mind.

That's what I think, crazylady.
when u did bleed how much blood did u lose, was it as normal as a regular period or what? because i have been bleeding exactly like a normal period.
It was a little lighter. About a week after it ended, I tested again and that time it was +. That's when I realized that it wasn't a period after all.
sorry i keep going on about this but i have just one more question... how long was it compared to your normal cycle?
Oh, lemme think...my periods were light to begin with and were only lasting about 4 days, so we're talking about 3 days of days of very light bleeding. Not so light that I noticed a difference, and similar enough to my regular AF that I figured that's what it was. It wasn't until after that bleeding was over that I began to think I might actually be pg.  
If u r still on here, may I ask a question?

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community