Need help ladies--music

My oldest daughter is graduating from High school in June. I am going to make a DVD slideshow of her life from birth to graduation, and I need help with some great songs that will fit the different stages of her life. Baby, little girl, teenager, and graduating. Like songs about daughters, little girls, the love between parent and child, etc.whatever you think seems like it would be good background music for a DVD of her life.
Any input would be very appreciated!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
theres this song called graduation by vitamin c that would be a good one for well....gratuation. every teenager loves that song cuz it make everyone remember their high school and friends. a lot of girls tear up with it
Helpful - 0
tmv
The country song "I hope you dance" or really any personal favorite or tear jerker for you or your daughter. "Butterfly kisses" is another. She'll really enjoy having that dvd. Very thoughtful of you.
Helpful - 0
i dont know but i have a tear in my eye thinking of my babies growing up.....
Helpful - 0
tmv
They grow so fast. It's terribly sad. BTW, cute picture of her!

There's also a song called, "In my daughter's eyes" or even Lee Greenwoods, "Proud to be an American" always brings tears to my eyes thinking of my kids.
Helpful - 0
In my Daughter's eyes by Martina McBride is a great song. Also Leann Womack's I hope you dance.
Helpful - 0
CYW
a baby song i always sing is hush little baby and stuff like that could be ideal for the baby part of it...
Helpful - 0
An oldie, but fun one for the DVD- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" (Cyndi Lauper)- I still love bopping around to that song!

"Big Girls Don't Cry" (the Four Seasons)- might be fun for photos of her as a baby crying.

"Brown-eyed Girl" (Van Morrison)- don't know what color eyes she has... but if brown!

"Thank Heaven for Little Girls" (from Gigi)- there's a cute youtube photo/slideshow kinda thing like you are doing to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxQBbrffPLk

Helpful - 0
Thank you so much everyone. You gave me some great suggestions.If anyone thinks of any more, let me know!
Helpful - 0
For the graduation part, "My wish" by Rascal Flatts would be great.
Helpful - 0
tmv
Another one of my favorites is Kenny Chesney's "Don't Blink"
Helpful - 0
tmv
Any classical music would work well, too. You could do a Braham's Lullaby with the baby pictures and change to a Bethovan symphony or something.

This has been a fun thread for me to post on. Thanks for starting it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.