A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
127124 tn?1326739035

NewMommy08

Sorry to hear about the accident.  Where did it happen.  I'd like to follow the story without asking you so many painful questions.  
148 Responses
13167 tn?1327197724
I agree.  It seems like in this case the extended family might establish a memorial fund,  and maybe readers on this board could contribute if they wanted to.

What a sad story.
238474 tn?1192417309
I was thinking that to - a fund for the children.  Let us know what the plans are.   We are here.
127124 tn?1326739035
Just bumping this up so she can hopefully see it when she comes back
93654 tn?1247502934
I'm glad you asked about this, because I've been wondering myself and was hoping to see a link to a story. I'd hate to have her relive the details of the accident over and over.
127124 tn?1326739035
Yes, it doesn't seem right to have her go over and over about the details.  I know she said they live in Colorada and were traveling to Oregon but that leaves alot of area for the accident to have happened.    Unfortunately I won't be on the computer much this weekend so I won't find anything out until monday.  I'm hoping she sees this post and replies.
172023 tn?1334675884
Moving this back up to the top.
139902 tn?1189759422
oh how sad! i've read the first post from this poor lady. i would love to contribute to a fund for the children. how tragic.
134578 tn?1546634665
I hope she posts at least the name of the town where the accident was, so it would be easy to look up their local news story and any updates, that way nobody has to bug her for details when she has her hands so full.
134578 tn?1546634665
Not to mention her heart!!!
139902 tn?1189759422
I've had some time to burn at work, and I've been looking through the Portland papers...a city name would be helpful. If I find anything, I'll make sure to post a link.
I am stuck at home waiting for a FedEx Delivery,and I have been surfing too....along the route from Colo to Ore and no mention of anything I have found so far....Got nothing better to do, so i thought I would look as well and see if we could find some info....so we could maybe set something up.  almost unbelievable for these poor people.  As long as we keep moving this up with posts....she may see it.  
177988 tn?1266802499
Life and family have taken on a whole new meaning since I became pregnant and even more since I've become a mother officially.  I've shed tears for her family and I've never met them.  My heart just feels like it's there with her instead of here right now.

I want to keep this at the top in hopes that she sees it and knows that we all care and are there for her.  
I too have been searching, no luck so far. Hopefully someone can find something so she won't have to tell the story over and over.
193609 tn?1292183893
I too have been searching for any news, but have yet to find anything.
172023 tn?1334675884
Andij78 has been scouring the NW Cable news, from WA/OR/ID, no mention that she can find.  But if the accident happened less than halfway to OR, she'd be in Salt Lake, or possibly somewhere in NV.  

I'm a little confused why her husband would be going to Oregon, they couldn't have possibly taken her all the way there, not with such bad trauma, but I'm sure she'll come by shortly to let us know what happened.  

My heart purely goes out to these poor people.  The things that happen...sometimes there no explaining why.  
139902 tn?1189759422
My heart does too. This poor family.

I'm going to email DH's aunt who lives in NV and ask if she's seen anything on the news.
193609 tn?1292183893
If anyone finds anything, please let us know! I have been searching for fatal accidents anywhere in the 5 state area...since I am from Michigan, I have NO idea what the best way to travel to Oregon from Colorado so I am just taking stabs in the dark!
127529 tn?1331844380
Gosh, still no news, I just hope mommy08 and her babies are okay.

Peek; mommy08's post siad they were flown to the hospital, maybe that is why her sister in law was taken to hospital in Oregan, that could be the nearest with a helipad perhaps? Don't know, hope we hear from her soon...
172023 tn?1334675884
She said it was less than halfway, so by the map that would put it in UT or NV.  
172023 tn?1334675884
Its just that being less than halfway, they'd have to fly her to the very closest trauma unit.  I'd have trouble thinking it would be all the way in Oregon.  But I suppose anything is possible.  I just can't stop thinking about this....I hope she and the babies are ok.  I don't want to read that something happened to them.
this whole story is just devastating!  i wonder about the person that hit them, they said he was ok, i wonder if he had been drinking, or just driving poorly.  i would hope there would be an investigation to what happened, when we have a death by car accident of this magnitude its pretty public.  i hope she hurries back
175662 tn?1282217256
Hey hun, I just read what happened and wanted to send as much love and support as I can from Michigan.  I wish I were there to help you out!  Hang in and love those kids as much as you love your own, things will work out.  There was a reason you guys had those kids visiting you, God was watching out for their well being.  Please let us know how things are going for you.
any luck?  I have been surfing for quite a few hours and not a thing that matches at all.  It just does not seem to add up unless she mis-spoke (wrote)...and who wouldn't? with a huge tragedy like this....just frustrating....I checked Idaho too...just in case....
i hope she is home resting, she doesnt need to be running around.  hopefully one of her dh sil's can watch the kids for a bit so she can rest.  
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.