Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Newborn question

My baby girl didn't pass her hearing test twice. They told me to come back to the hospital in 10 days to take it again cause maybe she still has fluid in her ears.  Am so scared of her failing the test again. Pray for my baby,  please. Have this ever happen to any of you guys?
8 Responses
I really hope your new baby girl is okay
Prayers for your baby girl.
Our father who art in heaven please cover this baby in Jesus name so that all goes well on her next visit for her hearing test.

I'm Jesus name we pray Amen.
13167 tn?1327194124
I've done newborn hearing screenings - is that what it was?  Someone stood behind her and made a noise that should startle a baby and she didn't startle?

Try it at your own house.   Get behind her,  and make a loud noise and see what happens.  Sometimes,  the hearing screenings are done in rooms that have so much stimulation that the baby isn't startled by the noise.

A good noise is coins rattled in an empty soda can.  You should be able to tell by her face whether she hears it.
Mashallah. Mabrook. Allah will heal her. And he will guid her.
My niece was born pretty much deaf but somehow outgrew it and now hears fine. There is hope!
Thanks everyone.  Yeah we've been making noise but she doesn't respond :( am just praying for the best
Thanks everyone.  Yeah we've been making noise but she doesn't respond :( am just praying for the best
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.