No period after Provera - when to be concerned?

I have PCOS and after two cycles off BCP, my cycle became really wacky again. I'm on CD 65 and no ovulation or period as of yet.

On Monday I finished a 12 day course of Provera (10 mg/day) and I still don't have my period yet. Should I be concerned at this point that the Provera didn't work, or does it sometimes take longer? My doctor had told me "about a week" and it's been about a week now.

I do BBT chart, and my temps the past few days have been lower than normal. I'd hoped that meant my period was about to start, but so far it hasn't translated.

Any thoughts? Also, will I need more Provera if it doesn't start, or is there another method to bring on menstruation?

Elen
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was told not to be concerned unless my period had not returned within " a couple of weeks" after taking a 10 day course of Provera.
Helpful - 0
I took provera for 10 days and it took me exactly 6 weeks to get my period. I don't know if it just took me so much longer to get it back because I just got off depo and havent had a period in 5 years or if it's normal for it to take 6 weeks.  
Helpful - 0
Took me almost 2 weeks to get a period. evening primrose oil (taking oraly can bring on periods) u get it in the vitemen department at CVS. cant take it if you are on blood thinners or ever had a blood condition
Helpful - 0
Thanks... I'll give it another week before panicking then ;) ! I appreciate the insight.
Helpful - 0
hi I was told that you should get a period between 3-7 days after taking the last pill.... It has now been 8 days for me and i still have not had any bleeding :( does this mean I have something else wrong with me I already have PCOS and IR I really dont know how I will handle something else on top of all that!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.