Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Normal Symptoms for early preg?

Hello all,

I am currently 4w5d pregnant from LMP. I don't see my OBGYN until August 11 for the first sonogram. I am experiencing cramping in my lower back and abdomen accompanied by browish/pink spotting. This spotting sometimes could actually be considered bleeding at times.  I am worried that everything may not be okay. I went through something similar to this last pregnancy and the ER and OBGYN kept telling me,"AAAh, don't worry about it it's normal and also that if I was miscarrying there wouldn't be anything that they could do anyway"....HOW COMFORTING?!?! That pregnancy ended quite early.

Can any one that has gone through this comment? Is it normal or should I be very concerned?  I thought spotting was normal through implantation and also maybe later as well, but not with these cramps! I feel as if AF is going to start and sometimes the cramps are even worse then that, almost like a burning sensation.  I am still so fatigued it's not funny, moody as can be and also my boobs hurt but not as much as they have. I am getting scared! Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

Heather
Oh yeah! They also told me the cramps I had last time were ligamants stretching. I also had stabbing pains last time and they said the same.  Thanks!

Heather
Hi- this is my first post, but yours caught my eye.  Today I am 4wk since LMP. I am not sure if preg. yet, one early HPT was neg., probably way too soon.  I O'ed on July 6th, possible conception, Jul 7-9.  Since July 10th, I have had non-stop but bearable cramps across my entire lower abdomen, not quite AF cramps.  My lower back has been very sore for 2 days now.  I have been on and off nauseous for at least a week, but lately almost to the point of vomiting, even in the middle of the night.  This would be my first preg. if ++.  In response to your post, my cramps are unusual for my cycle, like yours, but they are not so severe that I am worried about anything.  I have been told that the cramping does occur like this should I be 4-8 weeks because of the uterine stretching and the ligaments pulling, and that one good sign of preg. is the feeling of getting AF at the right time, but only getting PMS symptoms and possible spotting.  It sounds "normal".   I too would love to hear about other normal symptoms, and wish you luck.
are you ignoreing me?? are you ok?
Hthr, I would be weary of any bleeding or brown discharge. They say it is normal, but I beg to differ. It to me is a sign of something, maybe not fatal, I don't want to scare you. If you are also getting cramps, go to the doctor and get checked. Even go to the er and tell them the cramps are not barable and maybe they would do an ultrasound or something. Try not to worry too much and relax. Good luck.
Hi Chloe, long time no chat. What's with the email, bad luck????? I don't like that kind of thing, it's creepy don't you think. How are you doing anyway?

All is well here, had another app today, all is good. Can't hear the heartbeat yet, blood work is good, pressure is good. Gaining weight, too much though, 7 pounds too much. I'm still really tired, sick quite a bit lately. I'm working all the time that's why I'm not around. Hope all is well with you. Take care.
im sorry about that email.. i dont like those either.. but im kinda supertiocious if you ask me.. plus i didnt mean to send that to you or a few others that got it.. you are just on my email list and when i sent it i just clicked on all without thinking.. but anyways im sorry about that.. it wont happen again..