Nuchal Translucency and sex of baby

Has anyone had a nuchal translucency test?  If so, were they able to tell the sex of your baby??????  We have 3 girls at home,and I'm just wondering what this little baby will be :)
Course I just want it to be healthy, but there is always this little bit of pressure.  I know my husband will love either sex, but what man doesn't want a little boy.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Isn't that an ultrasound to check for down's syndrome.  They do it fairly early, however, I don't think at that point you'll be able to tell the sex of the baby.
Helpful - 0
It is done between 11-14 weeks,and I have read that from medical journals that at 12 weeks, there is about a 90% correct rate of knowing the sex.  It is done for Down's. It used to be for those 35 and over, but it is now recomended for ALL women.
Thanks!
Helpful - 0
This test is usually done in between 12-15 weeks I think. I had mine done at 13 weeks and was told that I was probably having a girl but that they couldn't confirm it 100%.  They said it was about an 80% chance.  
Well, I had a girl!!
Helpful - 0
its a little early sice you primarily have the test between 11 and 13 weeks however you will find out at your anatomy scan from 18 to 20 weeks goodluck on the boy i am in the same boat all girls for me but not pregnant at the moment.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.