Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Nursing- one breast smaller than the other

I am nursing and one of my breast has become smaller than the other...I dont know if Im nursing to much on that breast or not enough...any suggestions  
It isn't uncommon to have one breast smaller than the other, or for one to produce more milk than the other.  You can try having the baby suck more on the breast that produces less milk, or to suck on that breast first when the baby is most hungry, to stimulate the flow on that side.  
With my goofy issue, my right breast is at least 2 cup sizes smaller than my one functioning breast. And that is AFTER nursing on the left. imagine how it looks when we are late for a feeding.

Anyway, it is totally normal.
I do use the smaller one when I pump..could that have something to do with it?
Pumping is less effective at emptying the breast than a baby is, so maybe you are stimulating less milk from that side.  Easy enough to test this by pumping on the other side for a while, and putting the baby on the smaller side.
I was always lopsided even before nursing, strangely enough I'm into my ninth month of nursing this time around and things have evened up but they are still huge at a 34F! Hope they stay even but go down a few sizes when baba is completely weaned, I'm only nursing for 2 or 3 feedings a day now and they don't seem to be any signs of them shrinking just yet!
Lucky you -- I'm sure mine will resemble empty wallets when I'm done breastfeeding.  ;)
Tow words for me: Boob Job! I am getting one sometime in 2009. There is no amount of nature that will make them the same size again. Right now my smallest one is a loose and floppy C/D and my active one is an H when full. Seriously, it is quite bizarre : )

See I've been thinking boob reduction...............
I will have them even them out, bring them down to a D, lift them, and be done with them : )

I miss having perfect breasts, but nursing was well worth it. Just one of many sacrifices my body has given, Thank goodness my backside still looks good ; )
Yeah Im gona have to do that...pump on the larger one and have him feed more on the smaller.

Good luck!  You will probably find that over time it evens out.  I never thought my left breast would produce as much as my right, but now (baby is 9 months old) I can't tell that there was ever a difference.
Mine are changing sizes by the moment.    How is that baby by the way?  Nadia is 6 weeks and doing great.
He is a little over 6 weeks also..he is doing good...still eats alot at night...its killing me..but so worth it...he's exchaning alot of social smiles and making those cute baby noises which is so sweet
"boob job" - that raises a question. if you get one, can you breastfeed a later child if you want to?
I am done having children, my dh had the big V after our third was born. And most often you can breastfeed after having a boob job if it is done correctly and you are willing to put out mega effort. But again, I am done having babies. Three boys fill my plate perfectly.