Women's Health: Postpartum Community

O+ blood type..and first u/s today!!!

Hey ladies I have a question. I have just recently found out my blood type was O+, what does that mean? Is it a rare blood type? Also I have my first u/s today, what can I expect to see? I am 12wk 2days.

Thanks ladies!!!
O+ is the most common type of blood to have. It is like a universal kind of blood when you donate too, almost anyone can accept it.
And you should be able to see a realy little person swimming around in there.
I wish I was O+ I am O- and I have to have Anti D injections throughout mypregnancy!

Congrats too btw :)
Congrats!  O+ is the most common blood type, which is good because it's easy to get if you need it!  They're right too, it's almost universal, you can give your blood to any blood type that is a +, but you can only receive the O's (O- is the universal donor, AB- is the universal recipient).  SInce you are positive that means you won't need the Rhogam shot, yay!  I'm an O+ too and so glad I didn't need the shot.  Congrats on baby!