Women's Health: Postpartum Community

!!!OPEN FORUM - THURSDAY!!!

Good morning ladies.
I feel so blah today.  I have had no appetite the last couple of days.  Everything smells,looks and sounds yucky !  I force myself to eat at least a little bit.  Is this normal ?? Will this pass ???
I'm 14W 5D
I wish I had that problem.  I want to eat all the time.  It is usually the same stuff, but I want it all the time.  I am 17 weeks today and I have a doctors appt. this morning.  I will get to see how much weight I have gained.  I finally broke down and bought 2 pair of maternity pants last night.  Very comfortable.
I had the same problem when I was pregnant.  Unfortunately it lasted the whole time.  I never felt like eating and had to force myself.  I was really looking forward to the whole craving thing but I never did crave anything.  Good luck.  I hope things get better.
I am 13 weeks and I also can not eat a thing. If i do it comes right back up. I thought this was suppose to end soon. lol Its worse now than in the beg.
Hey there! You have not had morning sickness have you? I guess it hits everybody different. I had it in the begining and now I eat everything in sight. Maybe you are just coming down with a cold. Did you get a flu shot? Hope you get to feeling better! Danielle
I had very little morning sickness and it happened usually when I made spaghetti !  I'm just not hungry right now. I dont think I'm coming down with anything and yes I had my flu shot :)
I guess it will just pass or someone will mention something that sparks my interest and brings my appetite back !
I am about 5 months preg. I have been nauseaus with vomitting since the day of conception.YES< CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? Some days I don't feel like eating anything at all and have to make myself. Other days I crave something terribly, then eat it and moments later am visiting the toilet. It has become so common. But I am sooo tired of feeling this way. My dr. put me on phenergen and Reglan but neither of them really seem to help. I wish there was something I could suggest to do. I did find out that eating VERY TINY amounts of BLAND food, seemed to help a little. I have been living off of cheese toast, and cheese goldfish crackers. All dairy, meat, chocolate, water  and red sauces set me on fire. I was hoping mine would pass, but it just keeps hanging around. I just found out I was having a boy too. Oh well, us sick ones have to hang in there. I did hear that it means a healthy baby, don't know how true that is though....
GOOD LUCK AND LET's KEEP IN TOUCH!!!!!
I would love some tips!
I dont know what I'm having yet.  I find out on 11/30.  But with my DS I ate everything !  I think I feel like having a chef salad with thousand island dressing.
I get to go in on the 30th for mine! I can not wait to find out what it is. Fingers crossed girl. I think the doctor seems to think it is a good possibility since I had NO symptoms with my boys but this one I have.
The dr and u/s tech thinks mine may be a girl to ! They have been saying since week 7.  But they are going on the fact that the heartbeat is high, my hcg levels were high and I look terrible. Plus my symptoms are different that with my DS.  My face is broken out all over the place !  I find out at 6:45 PM ,what time is your appt ???
Okay ladies, more whining from me.....Sorry!!!

Monday I was on here complaining of ear ache. Well, I went to my OB and he could find no infection, not even redness. But when he stuck that ear light in my canal it was extremely sensitive. I told him I had been swimming SAturday and he diagnosed it as swimmers ear and gave me ear drops.

Well, my ear was feeling better Tuesday, Wednesday but then this morning at 6am I woke up in pain again. When I put the drops in, it burned.

I don't want to call my Dr yet again because I know he thinks I am a hypochondriac fruitcake already! :) Has ANYONE had ANYTHING like this? It just started getting cold here on Tuesday...is there a chance that this is kind of my bodies way of getting a cold rather than an actual cold from the changing weather?? ANY IDEAS AT ALL would help at this point!!
Could you have perferated your eardrum ?  I've had that happen and it is extremly painful.  Have you called your regular dr ?  I always see my regualr doc for non pregnancy related things.
HOw do you do that? PErforate the eardrum I mean? I guess it might be possible....

Also, I called my OB about it because I wasn't sure if he needed to see it to put me on soemthing safe for pregnancy. I had thought of calling my PCP, but my OB wants me to see an ENT if it doesn't get better and I would kind of feel like a traitor at this point going to my PCP! LOL Silly I know, but...
My DH did it last year around Thanksgiving.  We think he did it while cleaning out his ear with a q-tip.  He went to the ER cause the pain was so bad, they said he had an ear infection and gave him drops to put in.  They burned so bad going in he had tears in his eyes.  So he went to his Dr and the doc told him it was perforated. They couldn't do anything for it and it had to heal on its own, about a month or so.

Could you have water trapped in your ear ? I know you said you went swimming.
I have was very sick up until about 22wks. I was throwing up everyday and didnt want to eat anything. I had lost weight in the beginning but I have gained it all back and then some by now. This pregnancy is totally different from my first so I thought I was having a boy but its another girl. Im happy though, my daughter said she wanted a baby sister. I know the feeling thinking that the sickness will never end, I also tried Reglan with no success, but hang in there it will go away eventually.

PeanutMom
Since some of you are discussing when you will find out the sex, I will get involved.  We get to find out Nov. 16 at 8 am!!  We cant wait.  I have no idea what it may be.  What are some symptoms that may lean toward boy or girl?  I know it isnt exact, but i need some clues.
PeanutMom   I wish it was because of morning sickness !  i think I'm just in a slump with food !

gonza   There are so many old wives tales !  Here a link to show some gender prediction.  From old wives tales to the chinese gender chart.  

http://sheknows.com/about/Pregnancy/Boy_or_Girl/
wisegirl-Water trapped in there is what I am thinking just because I have this overwelming feeling of it needing to drain. When I yawn or cough or burp, it feels like a big bubble int here that needs to burst but won't. I have tried a heating pad on it today and it helps for a while. I go back in on Monday, and if it isn't better by then I will go ahead and go to the ENT. Appreciate your help with this! :)

gonza-While you are finding out what your little baby is, mine will be being born!! :) Nov 16th at 7:30am is when my surgery starts and the baby will probably be born rigth around 8!
That is a big day around here. I get to hear the HB for the first time and I know Deb has appt too. Wow what a day that will be.
I found a site on home remedies on earaches ( I have not tried any myself).............http://tips.tipking.com/health/tip_127.shtml
2 more days until I can realistically expect anything from a preg test. Oh I hope we get a BFP this month. So ready to move our family forward from  the mc...
Fingers and toes crossed, ladies...but not legs, in case you are TTC:)
HI Christie. Thanks for the help the other day. My colonoscopy results came back with just bleeding polyps and hemroids so that was a relief. I am still going to the mamo this month. Hopefully that will be alright as well. One thing that is still bothering me is I continue to lose weight. I was 169 when I had my daughter and the last weight they had for me was 120. I have not been this small for years. I keep losing weight and they have checked my thyroid and liver but all came back normal ranges. Is there something that you can think of that when I go back to my doc I could suggest. I am so tierd of feeling sick all the time. I lost so much weight so fast and it has taken its tole on my body. They also did a cbc and it came out fine I guess as well.

Thank you for any help or anyone that can give me some suggestions as well
Christine
Have they checked your gall bladder? I know that made my mom lose tons of weight. I hope you feel better soon. I have missed chatting with you.
If you've seen a doctor and they have just done a couple tests, I'd go back and report that you continue to lose weight and have terrible fatigue.  If he says he doesn't know what else to do, ask for a referral to an internal medicine specialist for furthur evaluation.  That kind of weight loss is serious.

Are you nauseated?  Vomiting? Start keeping a food diary, including times when you are feeling sick and what you ate immediately prior to that.  Are you having diarrhea?  What types of food do you usually eat, and in what amounts?
--these are the kinds of things you need to note and write down and go over with your doctor.

Also, another thing to consider is depression.  It can cause loss of appetite, nausea, fatigue, and a whole host of somatic complaints.  Not saying you are, but it is worth asking yourself if things are ok in your life, or are you unhappy with certain aspects.

Wish I could give you better advice, but this really needs to be handled by an MD.  If yours isn't getting anywhere--see another one.
Good luck to you.