Women's Health: Postpartum Community

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OPEN FORUM SUNDAY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thought I would open this up this morning.  Had to stay home from church because of DS thrush.  He can't go into the nursery and I would not be able to sing in the choir today or do Sunday School.  O well.  Gotta to get DS a little tux today for my sister's wedding on Saturday.  DD dress is a little big and I don't know what I am going to do because I dont know if it can be taken up at all.   DH had a marching band competition yesterday and got a Silver which means he is pretty much done with his show now.  He was VERY bummed yesterday and it  SUCKED.  I have to say deep down I am happy because now he can be home that weekend (I am such a horrible wife LOL)  Well that is my rant for the day.  Take Care girls.
bonus points for my DH today... he took care of the baby all night so I could get some sleep- i slept 9 hours completely uniterupted! it was great!!!!!
woooooo hooooooo stacy....sleep is such a wonderful thing!!!! i am 7 DPO and taking my prometrium like a good girl :) AF was due yesterday and absolutley no sign of her at all. so it did lengthen my luteal phase. i am starting to get the same signs i had last month and got a BFP, so i crossing my fingers.

love....kimmie
How old is your little boy? Is the tux white or black? You will have to post a picture of your kids in their wedding clothes!
Mandi
Yeah for Stacie's DH. Wow what would 9 hours uninterrupted feel like?
OOPS! Hit the wrong button. DH and I tag team our DD she sleeps 5-6 hours initially and I get up w/ her then she gets back up around 6:30 or 7 am and DH gets up w/ her and I get to sleep in. It is a good system. We took DD to church for the first time this morning, it went really well until the music stopped. She loves music and sleeps right thru it. I had to take her out for about 5 minutes during the Lord's Supper. But other than that it went really well. We were pretty nervous and had a pleasant surprise.
Everyone have a great Sunday.

Edye
Conner is just about 6 weeks old and sleeps about 3 hours at a time at night so I am usually getting up with him at midnight, 3, and 6.. DH says he's too heavy of a sleeper to hear him (he's a quiet baby and doesn't cry until he is VERY upset- neither one of us can stand to let him get to that point) so I've been the one to get up with him every night since we came home from the hospital. the last week or so he's been pretty fussy from about 9pm to midnight or 1 and then has been harder to get to sleep at the 3am feeding so I haven't had much sleep... we decided we're going to alternate nights until I go back to work (in 2 weeks) and then I'll go to bed at 9- DH will take care of him until he goes to sleep at midnight and then I'll get up with him at 3.. that way both of us will get some sleep and I'll be able to function at work.  I'll tell you what- it's a good thing we had a great relationship before the baby. anyone who thinks having a baby will "fix" your relationship doesn't know how stressful working all this stuff out on little to no sleep is. LOL!! Your baby is what- 5 months right?
oops-wrong- yours is about the same age as mine. how do you get 5-6 hours the first stretch? are you breastfeeding? if you are bottle feeding how much formula does the baby take at a time? Conner is consistently draining a 4 oz bottle every 3 hours but I don't know when I should offer him more...
Last Saturday Dh and I took Alex to The Popcorn and Pumpkin Patch that is near our town. Dh and I have gone the last 3 years and it is fun. They have a corn maze, a hayrack ride, pony rides, and all kinds of stuff.

Well they let youth groups and school groups come and stay into the evening to enjoy it with just there group. We were planning on taking our youth group next week. Friday night another youth group from town went and one of their boys fell off the hayrack ride. He got ran over and died. It is a freak accident. I honestly don't know how he fell off as the trailer has a tall fence around it with haybales to set on.

We decided we will probably not take our youth group this year because we didn't know how the parents would feel after this horrible accident. I hope though the they continue offering this wonderful event every year because it is alot of fun. This just makes you realize that something could happen any time. It is such a horrible thing.
Mandi
hey kimmie, good to hear from you, i am crossing my fingers for you too, AF is suppose to come for me on oct 10th so i am just waiting and take it easy, i didn't use the progesterone cream jus yet, if nothing happens this month, i'll go to the doc and see what he/she recomends,good lusck to everybody
I had posted a question on Low HCG from 9/30, yesterday.  Does anyone out there have any input????  Please???????  Bleeding has started to slow and very or little clotting.  This is day 5.  The worst it was was Friday night and there were clots but not what I went through the last time.
honestly... with your levels and the bleeding... you are probably miscarrying. stranger things have happened of course but every indication you have given points to a loss. I'm really really sorry.
i hope you get your BFP!!!! still no sign of AF here and i am getting the full feeling i had last month and was PG and w/ DS. i go to the dr tomorrow at 9:30 AM they will probably do blood work....it is my 2 week follow up after my loss. i am alitte shocked i 'o'ed 7 days later, but i am happy. i really thought there was no way to be PG this cycle but my symptoms are telling me different. all the same as last month and nothing of my AF symptoms. it is funny my AF symptoms are more like PG symptoms that the actual PG ones...LOL. so i am keeping my fingers crossed for both of us....we should be due to test around the same time....i am about 7-8 DPO. maybe we will be june mommies together :)

love, hugs, and baby dust....kimmie
i have this crazy feeling its penny13's month to conceive. hope i'm right!! :o)
so do i.....i see the BFP fairy coming!!!!

kimmie
Maura is absolutely adoreable - My fave was the last one of her sitting in the chair.  Thanks for sharing
How Cute!!!!!!! She is adorable!!!!!!!!
My DS tux is black and DD dress is white and we found a seamstress that will make it fit her by Saturday.  I am so happy.  I am hoping to take my kids to Sears for pics since my sister cannot afford a photographer.  I hope I can get some pics put up of them.  They are going to be absoultely darling I think.  I am excited.  I however will look like a UPS truck seeing how our dresses are BROWN.  Actually they are beautiful dresses but I am so D**N fat.  I really do NOT want to do this wedding.  O well my own fault.  I don't exercise and all I do is sit around on the computer LOL.  Take Care
they have a HCG chart they use at the doc office....it is actually not always the case. some woman have extremely low HCG levels the whole 12 weeks you produce it. as long as you have enough HCG to produce adaquate amounts of progesterone the pregnancy can trive. progesterone is what keeps you PG. HCG from the embryo stimulates the cyst that was produced by the overy that released the egg. after 12 weeks the HCG levels drop back to non-PG level and progesterone production is the job of the now fully functional placenta. if you have been bleeding than your progesterone levels have dropped....it could be that the HCG level is too low and not stimulating the overy to produce enough, it could be that the embryo had a random genetic issue that caused it to stop growing, which would cause a decrease in all hormone levels. most docs won't save an impending m/c with progesterone in case it is a genetic flaw. i had to have 3 m/c on birth control before the docs would do a test to determine what cause the m/c....it was confirmed on m/c 3 depo did. i had a healthy PG and am now TTCing after depo again (never use it is evil) i have m/c'ed twice and found out i ovulate late and have a luteal phase defect and need to take progesterone to sustain my pregnancy. so there are so many possibilities that could be happening. i hope this is not a loss, i have been there as well. i am so sorry you have to go through this. please feel free to contact me on my website... http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/coons_ttc_group/ .

i hope all turns out for the best and i am sending my love and prayers ....kimmie
Yeah Kimmie, I hope you get your BFP. Sounds promising.=) Baby dust to you~~~~~****. Anyways, I posted a response down below to your response. Thanks and God bless!!!
Here's some pics of Maura that were taken today

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/cardinalbass/Maura/DSCF0414.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/cardinalbass/Maura/RotationofDSCF0416.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/cardinalbass/Maura/RotationofDSCF0417.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/cardinalbass/Maura/RotationofDSCF0410.jpg
I guess I should mention that she is 5 months 1 week now.
thank you so much....i am acually done with worrying and really believing i am. DH came out of the bathroom tonite and said AF isn't coming your PG....this time it's a boy. i wish the potty would tell me secrets and give me an epiphany....i visit it enough :) i am praying you get you BFP soon hun....i know how long this journey has been and how painful. i am here for you anytime you need me!!!

love and baby dust....kimmie
Kimmie: LMAO regarding your comment about bathroom epihphanies. Praying you get BFP. Thanks for your reassurance. I had a dream a few weeks a go. Me and hubby were sitting eating dinner somewhere with friends and he just blurted out "it's a girl!". Who knows???!!!=) Though he could've been talking about my already pregnant friend, here's to hoping since it was MY hubby saying it , he was talking about me. Oh well. God bless!

Wisegirl: Maura is adorable!!! The last one she just looks sad/confused??? Lol. She IS a cutie though. God bless!
she is a doll!! :o) is her hair red or is that the light reflecting off of it?