Women's Health: Postpartum Community

OPEN FORUM TUESDAY

Good Morning ladies and congrats to all the BFPs! I have not posted much lately as I've had the ttc blues. Every week I go to church another women announces she's pregnant, last Sunday it was my closest friend. So many BFPs here too, on TV, in the paper, on the news . . . it's like there is a huge BABY BOOM, and I'm not invited. Yes, I'm very much on the pity pot this morning.  Today is cd 28, took two dollar store hpt and they had faint line, but then took digital with fmu today and "not pregnant" came up. I have 16 month old DD, have been ttc for 10 months and had a chemical pg in FEB '06 (staci so happy for you!). I feel so depressed even though it's still possible for positive result. It's just that this emotional rollercoaster is starting to get to me. Also, I'll be 44 on May 30th and even though we conceived our DD naturally when I was 42, I can't help but look at my life calender and worry. Trying to trust in God as I can't see the big picture, but it's getting harder every month. The BFP rollcall was definately an inspiration, best wishes to you all, hopefully I can add my name to the list soon! Hope I didn't bum anyone out, my DH dosen't understand and all my friends are pg so it's hard to talk to them. Karen
I think it is very hard to have so many bfp around you, especially when you are ttc. I have only recently started ttc, but I do worry sometimes. Most of my friends have already had children recently, and the others have made their announcements. Even my sister who was not even ttc (missed some pills) had a baby a year ago. It is stressful when those who are not even ttc, get pregnant. However like you said we have to trust in the Lord that we will be blessed in due time. I am hoping to have a BFP this month, but only time will tell.
Congrats to all those who have gotten BFP, to those of us still trying lots of baby dust**************************
Hi - I know how you feel... My dh and I have been ttc for a year now with 2 m/c. We are trying for our first child so it's getting really depressing that we are not able to start a family when we wanted to. When I had my first m/c, I didn't realize how common it was - this forum has helped me a lot - and I have learned so much from everyone here. I am getting ready to begin my 2ww and hope that this will be my turn. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that we both get our BFPs soon (as well as all ttc)... Good luck and God Bless!!
I compeletly know how you feel, even though I am not is that boat anymore. It feel like it is being rubbed in your face or something. I know it is hard but just try to stay positive and it will happen when it is supposed to happen. I was to the point where I said thats it I give up and bam then it happened for me. I have heard that from a lot of people...that it happens when you arnt trying but it is hard not to try especially when you want a little on so bad. I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope you cheer up your turn will come. You said you got a faint line on the dollar store HPT have you tried a digital test again? I would maybe give that a try. BABY DUST******************
Hello Karen, I had a m/c on Saturday and I still feel so devastated I can not stop crying... I have to go to work today and have no idea how that is going to happen. I'm 23, but my husband is your age and I feel like we don't have a lot of time. I've never been so depressed in my entire life. It took me 6 mounths to get pregnant and when everything seemed ok I just lost it... Just a day before It had a little heart that was beating, it was right were it was supposed to be, my hormonal level was perfect and on the next day it was gone. Of course nobody could tell me why??? And now I have to start everything from the very begining, it's just so hard... and so many friends of mine just get pregnant and they don't even want it!!!
I hear ya, sister! At least three of the girls at church that are pg were still breast feeding and one of them wasn't even ttc.
I missed my point: I really hope for you that everything will be fine!!! and I wish you all the best!
I have to say I am in the same boat as far as everyone around me being pg.  one friend just had a baby, another just found out she is pg and her dd isn't even one yet, my SIL just found out she's pg, and whe have two other friends that are also pg.  It really sucks, my dh and I have been ttc for 2 1/2 yrs, with 2 m/c.  I have gone through 2 iui's with clomid and 2 cycles of clomid with no iui (using bbt and opk with timed bd) and still nothing has worked.  Sometimes it all feels so unfair.  Dh and I are finally going to see a RE at the end of this month, I guess I'm hoping to hear that there's nothing else we can do and maybe life won't be so consumed with ttc.  I know we always have the option of IVF, but not really sure we want to go that route.  I hope all of you get your BFP's soon!
sparkypuss, I know how do you feel. Me and my husband got married in August last year. I just lost the baby after 6 mounth of ttc and now all my friends, family, parents and evetybody around me keep asking me when we are going to have a baby!!! I didn't tell them when I got pregnant back in April, because I wanted to go to u/s and make sure that evertything's fine. Now, they have no idea what I'm going through and everybody keeps asking me... "are you planning to have a baby?", "when you gonna have a baby?", "why don't you want to have one now?", "what are you waiting for?"... it's a torture. Every single time I have to make sth up... and when I am meeting them, instead of helping me to relax and forget, they just make it worse and worse.
I'm glad you received some comfort, I was also 6 wks when I had my first m/c, did not need a d&c, and was able to ttc again immediately. As someone who has suffered from depression, I take a comment about taking ones self out seriously. Are you having suicidal thoughts? Your hormones are going crazy right now and just know that as bad as you feel this very momment, it will get better, I PROMISE! Please talk to your DH or work counselor if this trauma sinks you into a deep depression, promise me. The day you hold your new bundle of joy, all of the pain will seem worth it. Hang in there and don't keep your feelings a secret. ((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))))
well I am glad I found this site-but really upset at the fact that they only accept so many Q's in the day.  Glad I don't have a real pressing issue!  And yes I have checked the archives my Q hasn't been asked or answered!  Off to another site!
You will be in my prayers. I truely hope that it is our time.
jen - I so agree with you. All these girls anncounce they are 5 weeks pg and none of them have m/c, but I have had two and know that it is very common. I feel retched cause sometimes I'm like why don't any of them m/c? Then I think if I do get BFP and tell everyone, I'll be the one to m/c and be totally devastated as I continue to see all 6 of their belly's grow (attend church with about 80 members so can't miss them). I hope you get your BFP soon, it does help that I have my precious little girl, but the desire for another is as strong as when ttc her.

angi - used digital this am (see above post)

vannessa - I am so very sorry you are going thru this and in such a shocking manner. I could cry for you and hope you find strength to work today (((hugs))) This probably won't console you now, but many women go thru multiple m/c's and then go on to have completely healthy pregnancies.  I got pg two weeks after my mc and had my DD 9 months later. How far along were you? My prayers are with you and I know how you feel hon. Baby Dust to you.