Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
162279 tn?1270601359

Off topic....steak question? lol

I know this is totally off topic, but I figured who would know best but other moms on which steaks are best for just grilling and eating? Which are tender and not dry? It seems like everything I try isn't very good.I want to grill a lot this summer so I don't heat up my kitchen, and we love steak, but I can't seem to find a good, tender cut I like.
10 Responses
189192 tn?1261341628
My favorite is the rib eye. It is a marbles steak which is a nice way of saying it has fat through the meat, but that is what makes it good, juicy and tender.  A good steak has its own good flavor so it doesn't need a lot of seasoning.  Maybe some salt, pepper and garlic.  Also the true trick to a good steak, is to NOT OVER COOK IT. I repeat, DO NOT OVER COOK IT.  You have to keep a close eye on it.  It needs to be tender to the touch. If it feels firm you have probably over cooked it.  
171768 tn?1324230099
mmm.... skirt steak... lots of fat keeps it juicy and flavorful
176741 tn?1295233989
Can't go wrong with a ribeye!
515251 tn?1254443201
i love ny strip or tbone they are both excellent......if cooked right...
189192 tn?1261341628
Oh I like the skirt steak too... makes great fajitas.  
225036 tn?1294509400
I like NY Strips.  We like to season ours with salt, pepper, garlic, soy sauce, little bit of liquid smoke and some other seasonings.   The above poster is correct in you DO NOT want to over cook your steak.  My husband sears both sides on high for 1 minute and then cooks them on med/low till they are medium.  You can also use steak tenderizer which works great.  Hope your steak turns out great!!!
162279 tn?1270601359
Thanks everybody!! See, I knew you'd all come through for me. We are having steak and corn on the cob for dinner tonight!!! :)
skirt steak ny strip and um filet migon
We love filet migon (from a butcher shop) on the grill.  They cost a little more but are worth it!
15480 tn?1302529802
Definitely Filet mignon or Delmonico. Very tastey and a little pricey!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.