Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Open Forum-Friday

Well started AF yesterday.  I am going to try with the ovulation kit this month and trying the sperm meets egg plan (Thanks to Tante). If we are not successful I am with momttc and give up for the summer. I honestly don't know how women do it for years.  This is only the fifth month for me and I am already sick of it.  Have a great weekend everyone.
The OVPK worked for my husband and I first try!  Good luck!
I wouldnt give up yet.  It took me and my husband 7 months of trying and now I am 12 weeks pregnant.  Sometimes it just takes a little longer.  Hang in there and have fun trying?

Suzie
I guess it just happened so easily with my DD that I expected it to be that way again.  Oh well we will see what happens. Thanks for the encouragement.
I wrote this yesterday and nobody responded, so I am writing again. I had my first period starting Jan 2 and ending Jan 9. Well I just started again today. Is it because my body is still getting use to the pills or my body just getting use to having periods again. I hate this and so does my hubby. The pills the doctor put me on are progestrone only. He told me that I probably won't have a period with them and now I am on my second period in less the a month and havent even been on the pills for a month yet. Today I am bleeding so bad I can feel it coming out (sorry TMI). I just feel really tired today. My doctor is not in today and I don't want to use the emergency number just for this if it is not that ergent.
That sounds urgent enough to me, Call your dr.  That is what they get paid for!
It is probably your body just getting used to getting your periods back.  Why did the doctor put you on progesterone only BCPs? Are you breastfeeding? That is the only time I know of for them to prescribe that type of Birth control pill. If you are breastfeeding you most likely wouldn't be getting your periods this soon anyway and it may just be the breakthrough bleeding caused by the pill but if it is a lot and you can feel it coming out I would call your doctor it should not be that heavy.  I also took the progesterone only pills for almost a year and I did not have any problems.  I know with this type of pill you are supposed to take it at the same time everyday.  You may want to give that a try to see if it helps.