Open Forum Monday...

Here is the open forum today. Also just wanted to mention, that today is my Ultra sound, so I will be finding out what I am having. I have 3 boys now, so I am anxious to find out.. Will post later with the results.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yeah, funny how that all works out.. It's all so unpredictable..
Helpful - 0
I am 6.7w and I have spotting/bleeding for the past 2 days, it is a pinkish red and only appears when you wipe.  I had a US done yesterday and they said that the fetal heart rate was 128 but that the sac was very small. Has anyone else experienced this?  the Doctor says that it is to early to tell and it could be nothing, but I am really scared.
Helpful - 0
cmn
When i was pregnant with my Daughter i went through cases and cases of oranges i couldn't get enough of them, and the only thing that made me sick was ice cream. Now with this pregnancy everything made me sick for the first little while, and i haven't had a craving for anything this time around.
Helpful - 0
Actually all of my pregnacies were different. But with this one I noticed I was sicker much longer and more so, as well as much more emotional. Crying at the strangest things (which is not like me at all). But those were the only real differences. Well no actually, normally I love steak, and I have a hard time eating it this time, and normally I don't really like oranges, but I crave them a lot.

But I really don't think symptoms tell if it is a boy or a girl. All of my pregnancies had differences and similarities. I wish there was a good way to tell before the ultrasound. I know how anxious you are feeling waiting to find out.

I hope that you do get your little girl.
Helpful - 0
I have just finished taking provera and getting af...there are no side effects afterwards..just really bad cramps for the first couple of days...this is my second provera induced af and the first one was nothing compared to this one...things should get better, use a heating pad on your abdomen, it helps to ease the pain....HTH
Helpful - 0
I guess you could, but that seems a bit too early for me.  I would wait a few more days.  I know that's a bother, but you are likely to get a negative this early.
Helpful - 0
Hello ladies!  Got another question.  I had morning sickness from week 6-8.  Then it stopped and now @ 10 weeks, I threw up this morning.  I was brushing my teeth, and my mouth starting watering so I knew something was about to happen.  I hadn't eaten anything and I felt fine.  I threw up bile, (sorry if TMI), and still felt ok.  Are you supposed to feel crappy after m/s or is this ok to feel fine after throwing up?  I'm starting to feel nauseous now, but other than that, everything's ok.  I had a strenuous day yesterday, lots of yard work and I'm a little sore.  Would that make my body want to throw up in the morning?  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

Anna
Helpful - 0
Thank you, I just wanna know :(, not to mention there is a clinic right up the street that does FREE testing I wanna run there everyday :)
Helpful - 0
It is too early to test.  You need at least 10 days for the fertilzed egg to implant and then another few days for your hcg hormone to rise to a detectable level.

But I'm a bit confused.  I could have sworn that you posted on the Women's Forum a couple weeks ago that you found out you were pg.  I remember a couple of us posting a congrats to you and hope that things were going well with your marriage, because you had vented about your DH being a dink, lol!
Helpful - 0
Well, I got AF today...w/ extremely bad cramps..I was wondering if this is from the provera????...The dr put me on that for five days to bring on my period...Does anyone know if my next cycle can be normal? ..Has anyone ever had to take the provera to bring on a period and is there any side effects??? Thanks.
Helpful - 0
I have heard that Provera can bring on a killer period.  I'm not sure about your other questions, sorry!
Helpful - 0
I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant. I have been bleeding like a light period since Friday.

I'm not cramping, or passing clots like I did during my misscarriage in August.

I have had low non doubling HCG, so the outlook is not good.

I've been on 400 mg of Progesterone per day since ovulation.

Is the Progesterone keeping me from miscarrying completely?

I wish that I knew why this is happening, and how I can prevent it.

I have a sonogram scheduled for tomorrow, but I don't think there is much hope of seeing anything
Helpful - 0
GIRL!!!! Im still in shock...
Helpful - 0
HI!
HOPE EVERYONE IS OK.
HAVEN'T BEEN HERE FOR A WHILE, BUT I HAVE A QUESTION, I'M 31 WKS PREGNANT AN HAVE BEEN GETTING REAL BAD CRAMPING LIKE MENSTRUAL CRAMPS THEN WHEN SHE MOVES I FEEL REAL BAD PRESSURE LIKE I WANT TO GO PIPI AND THEN I GO AND IT'S ONLY A FEW DROPS, WITH MY OTHER 2 PREGNANCIES I DID NO HAVE THIS THIS EARLY ON, CAN ANY ONE SHARE EXPERIENCES JUST SO I DON'T FREAK OUT, PLEASE
THANKS!
ANA
Helpful - 0
Only 8 days after ovulation can I test???
Helpful - 0
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I'm very happy for you!  

I am 18w3d and my husband was able to feel baby girl (aka - karate kid) kicking last night!!!  My book said that wouldn't happen for another 6-8 weeks!  Is it OK that she is already kicking this much and this hard???

Helpful - 0
congrats to you and your dh. that's awesome!!! seems like a bunch of us are having girls. i am due 3-8-06 with my 3rd girl, i had 2 girls then a boy and now another girl. i was hoping for another boy but at least i got one. good luck to yoo.
tiffany
Helpful - 0
Congratulations on your baby girl!!!  I think it will be loads of fun with a little girl in a house full of boys.  I went to dr today and unfortunately she was not there and only saw the RN, so maybe next time will see her and see if we can take one more peek at the little one, although, the heartbeat is only 140's.  Don't know if that really matters, but we'll see. Dh just says I am in denial about another boy (probably right), but I can guarantee you that I have never been so bitchy in my life and really think all points to a girl.  Anyway, congratulations to you and your family.
Helpful - 0
congratulations! i have 3 boys and my luck would probably have another!
Helpful - 0
Thankyou everyone. And truly I did not think I would get to have a girl. I am just so beside myself. And my family is just so thrilled. This is the first granddaughter on both sides as well. She will be spoiled..
Helpful - 0
I also have 2 boys and I am 6wks and 4days pregnant.  I have been praying for a healthy baby girl.

With my boys I was sick from the time I woke up in the morning and was not that tired at all.

So far I have really not been sick, I've had a little heart burn but that is it.  But I am extremely tired with this one.

They did the first ultrasound and he told me he only saw one now, but he reserved the right to change his mind because I was suppose to have two eggs being released.

Have you been able to tell any differences in this pregnancy vs with your boys?

Helpful - 0
Don't be surprised if they tell you you are having what you thought was different.  I was not sick a day with my three sons and was as happy as could be to be pg. With this one, throwing up until 15 weeks, developed PUPPS (pregnancy rash), huge breasts, and downright bitchy and they tell me it is another boy.  I was shocked to say the least and so was dh, that is why I am thinking it may still be a girl, but only will know once I deliver.  I do think though that since the pg has been so different I had myself really convinced it was a girl and that is why it was such a shock to us.  At any rate, I guess it may be true that no matter what the sex of the baby every pregnancy is different.  Good luck to you and may God bless you with a healthy baby!
Helpful - 0
Good luck to you, will be sending lots of girl vibes your way.  I went for my u/s a on the 14th and found out that I am having another boy (three boys already too).  I have to admit, I shed quite a few tears, but am feeling much better now.  Just wonder if they could be wrong, this pregnancy has been so different for me and still feel like not a boy, maybe just in denial.  At any rate, I am very satisfied to have a healthy baby, but like you was hoping for a girl.  I will be waiting for your reply today to see what the outcome was. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Good luck!!  I found out last week I'm having a girl, so I'll send those girl vibes your way!!!!
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.