Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Open Forum Thursday

Have a good one ladies!  Lots of snow on the way for Michigan.
Happy Thursday!!!   Chicago is supp to be getting some snow as well. Not too much I hope.  Baby Dust TTC'ers**********
Hi ladies,

if u have been seeing my posts around u may already have an idea of my situation. I had some light brown spotting on the 28th of November, i spotted once on that day and once for another two days. I actually thought it may have been implanation bleeding so i tested on the 2nd of dec but it was neg :( Last night i had some mild cramping that lasted a little while for about 30 mins, then this morning when i wiped there was more light brown, but nothing since then so far. This may be my cycle returning since 3 years of no AF. which day should i count as day one of AF, should it be the 28th of nov or today the 8th of dec, i want to start charting so any help would be fantastic. Thank you ladies.
My sister had 4 children very close together. She did not have a period for 6 years. I just talked to her and asked her about her periods returning after she stopped breast feeding. She said she would have a few days here and there of brown spotting then it went away. It would then recoccur a few weeks later. She said this went on for a few months. Finally last week AF arrived in full force. So I think it may be getting ready to arrive but I would not count any of that spotting as the start of your true period.   Hope this helps...
IMO you cannot count brown spotting as AF.  If have only seen brown then you have not gotten AF at all yet.  Maybe it's time to see your doc about getting Provera to force your period, then it will end your guessing game.  I know you are getting frustrated and anxious to get the show on the road.  :-)
I think Brown can be your AF.  I have whole periods where my flow is brown.  That said, you can still call your doctor.
,