Open Forum Tuesday

Just wanted to let everyone know that my "gender intuition" was correct...we're having a girl!  I am a little scared about those teenage years (I teach Jr. High and deal with the drama everyday) but we're very excited.  :)  Have a great Tuesday!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Alright ladies, I'm going in today for our second attempt at the u/s.  The first time, he did a transabdominal u/s and didn't see anything, so hopefully if I go in with a full bladder, he might see something this time.  If he doesn't, he's supposed to send me over to the hospital for a vaginal u/s.  I'm so scared, is it possible to have miscarried and never have any bleeding?  I still feel pregnant, but m/s has decreased and now all I have is heartburn.  Ugh, I guess I just need a little encouragement if anything.  Wish me luck!
Helpful - 0
Oh, Congratulations on the girl!!!  Didn't mean to oversee your news!!!  I'm so happy for you, girls are so much fun!
Helpful - 0
Congrats!!! that must be so exciting!
Helpful - 0
congratulations amy on a girl!...HEY not all girls turn out bad!

Ateague--good luck girl!..Im sure all is well
Helpful - 0
Congrats on the girl!  Thats what I want.  Question:  My breast aren't really all that sore, only every now and then and it really depends on the day.  But everything else is there.  Is that bad?  They have got bigger only a little bit though.  I will be 5 weeks this Friday.  I guess I am just concerned.  
Help!!
Helpful - 0
Good luck. I'm sure in a week they'll be able to see your baby with a full baldder. Looking forward to hearing the good news. Keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
someone sent this to me:

As we enjoy the holidays, remember to be nice to those
> first-time turkey cookers...
>
> One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house
> for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister
> is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that
> she needed something from the store.
>
> When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven,
> removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen and inserted it
> into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed
> the bird(s) back in the oven.
>
> When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out
> of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her
> serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out
> the little bird.
>
> With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed,
> "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of
> this horrifying news, my sister started to cry.
>
> It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys
> lay eggs!
>
>
> Have a Wonderful and Safe Thanksgiving Holiday!!
>
>
>
Helpful - 0
congrats on you baby girl!
i am having a girl too...edd is 3-8-06.
tiffany
Helpful - 0
Again I need to ask all of you for some advice.  I dont know who has read any of my recent dilemnas but i finally have a dr appt today for day 35 temps still up and negative BFP.  My cycles are never this long so I am going to the drs for fear of a luteal cyst.  Prior to my miscarriage I didnt find out BFP til what wouldve been day 38 and actually had a neg on day 37.  Anyone ever experience this cyst?  I just started with some whitish discharge today, kind of like the pre "o" stuff but I have no symptoms of prego or pms????
Helpful - 0
Congrats on the girls! I'm hoping some of that girl dust is being saved for me. I have 3 boys now, and kinda hope this one is a girl. I will know right after Thanksgiving.

BTW funny story about the pregnant Turkey. Did that really happen?
Helpful - 0
Your cycles are a lot longer after your m/c, right?
Mine too...I don't really have any advice but we have been ttc since my af after the m/c and now I can't tell when I ovulate, this month I used a opk, but I have a feeling I'm not pg. Last months cycle was 36 days! Please update us on what the dr says.
Helpful - 0
Could you be Pregnant if you first tested neg. on day 35?  I am on day like 42 and don't know if I should test again, I am pretty sure I am not b/c my cyles have been really long, last time it was 55 days.  what do you think?
Helpful - 0
I thought this was funny, considering all the gender guessing we do while pg. This was from an article on MSN, but the orignal source was iwillage.com

It's a boy if:

You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the extra weight out front
Your belly looks like a basketball
Your areolas have darkened considerably
You are carrying low
You are craving salty or sour foods
You are craving protein -- meats and cheese
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
Your hands are very dry
Your pillow faces north when you sleep
Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
Your urine is a bright yellow in color
Your nose is spreading
You hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves in circles
You are having headaches
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is even

It's a girl if:

You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
Your left breast is larger than your right breast
Your hair gets red highlights
You are carrying high
Your belly looks like a watermelon
You are craving sweets
You are craving fruit
You crave orange juice
You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
Your face breaks out more than usual
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
Your breasts have really blossomed!
Your pillow faces south when you sleep
Your urine is a dull yellow in color
If you hang your wedding ring over your belly, it moves from side to side
If you add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived the number is odd

Okay, I have 2 boys and literally almost every single one of those were wrong for me,lol! The only one that was right was craving meat and that only happened with my second. When I was pg with Jonathan, I had been a vegatarian for 9 years and the thought of meat made me wretch! And both of my boys maintanied very high heart rates throughout the pg! But it is still fun to look at : )
Helpful - 0
Okay, I might sound a little stupid asking, but how does one's pillow face north or south?
Helpful - 0
Hi everyone. I just found out last Thursday that at 8 weeks, my baby lost its heartbeat. This has been devastating and I wanted this to happen naturally, but so far nothing. How long do you think it might take? I am off this week and have a D&C scheduled for Monday. I really wanted to miscarry naturally so that we can try again right away. How long do you have to wait to try after a d&c? Is it dangerous to try sooner than 2-3 months? Thanks for your help.
Helpful - 0
I think they mean the head of the bed.

Losingmybaby-I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes it takes a while for the process to start. With my last loss, it took 2 weeks from the beginnning spotting to the completion of the process.

It all depends on your doctor's view as to how long you need to wait. When I had my onw and only D&C, i had received the rubella vaccination after the surgery and HAD to wait 3 months because of that. Most will say at least one cycle to make sure everything is okay, all the tissue was removed and to allow ample time to heal physically from the procedure.

Anything beyond that is usually more or less psychological. You ened to make sure you are ready to try again. If you have reached the point that if something should happen again and you think you could handle it, you may be ready to try again.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you a speedy recovery and comfort in this difficult time.

Andi
Helpful - 0
Thanks Andi. I don't wish this upon my worst enemy.  I really wanted it to happen naturally, and although its only been a week tomorrow or Thursday, it has been very difficult to walk around knowing my lifeless baby is still inside of me.  Now I'm realizing it might not happen on its own for a while since I haven't even spotted yet or had any cramps.
Helpful - 0
Hi there. I am terribly sorry for your loss. My baby's heart stopped beating btwn 8 and 8.5 weeks too (somewhere btwn oct. 23-30). I waited two weeks from the time the doctor believed the baby stoped living to m/c naturally but it didn't happen so I had a d&c.

The d&c was really quite tolerable and I only bled lightly for a few days afterward. In many ways I am happy that it happened this way because sometimes with a natural m/c as far along as you were you may not expel everything and would end up with a d&c anyways. Also, if you m/c naturally, you may bleed for a really long time too- in which case it may take you longer to ttc than if you just have the d&c. I was told to wait one cycle to ttc again. I am soooo anxious as is dh to ttc again but I think that I still have some hcg in my system which will just delay AF even longer. My hcg was 109,000 right before the d&c so it's taking a while to go down.  I have read so many other stories of women who don't wait even a cycle to ttc and get pg right away and carry to term.

Best of luck and I'm sorry again about your loss.
Helpful - 0
Sounds like you are same as me.  I dont know anything about the opk.  I went to the obgyn yesterday and she said i dont have a cyst but i do have a yeast infection???  I never get those!!  I also took a blood test for pregnancy and I will have results by noon today.  She gave me an rx for progesterone so i can take if i am not pregnant to bring on my period.  So far I am on day 36 with 16 dpo.  The dr did say it was too early for me to test positive w/ a home test.  I guess I will find out today.  I am trying not to get my hopes up, especially right before the holiday...I have too much to do!!!  I wish you blessings!!!!
Helpful - 0
How is it too early for you to test positive on a hpt?  Have you missed your period?  Do you have long cycles?  Just curious, cause if you're a 28 cycle person, then you should be way overdue for a period by now.
Helpful - 0
Well my prayers are with you! I hope the dr calls with a BFP!!!! Let us mw know when you get the results! I'm not sure what time zone you're in, so hopefully this isn't too late. Did the dr say anything else about your cycles being soo long??
BABY DUST TO YOU!!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.