Open forum

Hey girl!! How are you all? Alex is growing like a weed. At 14 weeks he is already 14 lbs. 4 oz. I have been trying to get pictures on his webpage but when I have the pictures the computer is always acting up.  

Anyway I started weightwatchers 2 weeks ago and already lost 6 lbs. I am very proud of myself!!
Mandi
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I asked this a while ago, but wasn't able to see a reply. Has anyone heard from buckeye lately? I would like to know how she is doing!!!
Helpful - 0
A morning smile for everyone...
I was just walking down the hallway at work (I work in a nursing home), and a staff member passed me and said "My God girl, when are you due to go?". I replied "July", to which she then said,
"My God help you, you're going to have some size of a youngster!"
Very much appreciated-thanks
What in the name of all that is good is wrong with people. No matter HOW a girl looks when pregnant, I ALWAYS tell her she looks radiant, tiny, whatever it takes to pass along some good vibes.
I have gained 24 lbs, and am 27 weeks, and I really wouldn't classify that as HUGE!! My dd weighed in at barely 6 pounds, so no real fear that I'm going to deliver a whopper.

Aarrgghhh! You have just got to laugh at people's lack of people skills.
:)
Helpful - 0
Hello.  I'm still here.  Mainly a lurker these days.  I'm currently 28 wks. 3 days pregnant with b/g twins.  Colton and Gabriella (Ella) are due to arrive no later than mid June.  Last week at our level II u/s Colton weighed 2lbs. 7oz. and Ella weighed 2lbs. 5 oz.  Both babies are doing great right now.  My only problem right now is that I failed my 1 hr. glucose test on Monday and my iron came back low.  So I have started an iron supplment and I have to take the 3hr. glucose test tomorrow morning.  I have gained a total of 30lbs. so far and my feet and ankles have really been swollen this week, which is only going to get worse.  I'm wearing flip flops to work these days because none of my regular shoes are fitting me. I had a pedicure so at least my toes look pretty, but then again they are attached to my FAT feet!!!  I'm starting to get really uncomfortable these days too.  Colton is up in my ribs and Ella is doing a tap dance on my bladder, but it's all worth my aches and pains.  

Glad to hear that Alex is doing well and congrats on losing 6 pounds.  There is a lady here at work who has been on weight watchers for the past 3 months and she has lost 20+ lbs. and she looks great.  Keep up the good work.  

Well I should get back to work.  If you ever want an update on my, just make a post and ask about me.  I'm usually on here a few times a day, but as I said before, I'm mainly a lurker these days.  

Take Care,  Wendi
Helpful - 0
kck
Yesterday we were posting about funny kid stories....well this one is hilarious.  It wasn't my child though, it was my best friend's little girl.  We were at Disneyland 2 summers ago and her DD had just turned five.  Now imagine how crowded a Disney bathroom is in August....loads of people.  My best friend had a little discharge that day and while in the restroom her DD says (very loud), "Mommy, did you pee in your pants?"  My friend said, "No."  Her DD said, "Well, then why are your panties yellow right there?"  My friend had to wait long enough to come out of the stall so that she thought everyone who heard had enough time to clear out.  I still tell that story to everyone because I was rolling in laughter!....just thought I'd share.
Helpful - 0
Well, hello there. Buckeye, I didn't know you were pregnant with twins, congratulations. Wow, big shock or what. I am so happy for you. Wow, I am blown away.

Still A Mom, how is everything with you, long time sice we connected. Glad you're still around.

I'm doing well, very busy with 3 boys though. My little man is 4 months now and growing like crazy. Eating like crazy too. He is a little doll, I could eat him I love him so much. He is just waking once most nights now, siced I weaned him from the breast. Drinking tons of formula, eating cereal and beginner foods and loving them too.  

Well, I just popped in to say hello to everyone, hoping all is well with you.

Hello Chloe and Christie, hope you are still around. I'll try to pop by more often.

Take care everyone........Caper
Helpful - 0
My not so little man is 5 months old today...........time is just going wat too fast, it really doesn't feel like it has been that long!!!
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry, I forgot to congratulate you on Alex. Congratulations on your weight loss too, I know it's a battle! Take care girl.
Helpful - 0
ok since this is an Open forum am i allowed to post a question? Sorry i'm new and i have a question i need to ask, but it won't let me make my own post since there's been to many today and ect.
Helpful - 0
Hey ladies
Where are you???  I'm just wandering if there is any news??  I'm still here, no sign of labor.  Hopefully something is going on with you guys!
Helpful - 0
What is your ????  You did not ask anything.  Yes the Open Forums are for ???? or anything you want to vent about.  Sometimes a question does get missed in a forum but if it is an Am I pregnant ????  Do not ask it.  We cannot tell you.  If it is anything else by all means ask away and hopefully someone will have an answer for you.
Helpful - 0
well it's kinda a am i pregnant thing, i just need to know if it's possible to get pregnant under certain circumstances.
me and my boyfriend were trying to have sex, but it being my first time it really hurt and it was hard for him to get in, so he thought if he didn't use a condom to start off with it might be easier for him to get in. So we started without a condomand then after he started to get in he stopped and put one on a we had sex.
A day later i started my period witch lasted for 5 days about. i then found out that pre-*** had sperm in it. A small amount, but sperm never the less.
well yesterday was the 28 day mark and i haven't had my period yet. i know periods arn't exactly 28 days apart, but it's still alil nerve racking. so i was wondering if it was posssible to get pregnate considering the circumstances.
(i sorry if you consider it an am i pregnant question! and i know the first response most of you will have is to get tested)
Helpful - 0
ANY TIME YOU HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX YOU CAN GET PREGNANT
As for your boyfriend -Guys will say just about anything for their own gratification.!! (like to get in I dont need a condom) Lesson 101.....
EITHER get on some form of contraceptives or dont have sex!!!

To answer your question if you had bleeding 5 days after you had sex for the "first time" I would assume it was your period, IF YOU HAVENT HAD SEX again your probably fine. UNLESS you had UNPROTECTED SEX again  In that case if you keep having unprotected sex then (yes im going to say it) YOUR PLAYING WITH FIRE......AND EVENTUALLY WILL GET BURNT.

Helpful - 0
Hi there,  TWINS  oh my gosh ,are these your first babies?
My sister is having twins in June, (well hopefully -she is on bedrest right now cause the little monkeys want to come now)
They are approximately the same size as yours.

Just a thing on the glucose test, You said you failed the first one, Apparently  it is common with twins to have gestational diabetes due to the extra strain of having two babies taking from you.
Good Luck to you
Helpful - 0
Would you mind exchanging email addresses again, so we can stay in touch? I would like to know how you and the little angels are doing! My email is m_schimek***@****, email me if you want to.
Mandi
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.