Opiates in Meconium

Hi. I am currently 38 weeks pregnant & have taken hydrocodone & oxycodone on and off up until 21 weeks. I suffer from sciatica & severe migraines and decided to stop at 5 months for fear of my baby becoming addicted. I suffered no withdrawals as I didnt take them consistently the first 5 months ( I'd take 4-5 a day for a few days, then try tylenol for a week or so and go back) just on and off. My concern is that it might be in my childs meconium at birth if tested. I don't have a history of drug use or abuse of any substances, and have 2 other healthy children that I never used anything while pregnant with them. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
yes. But the script was from before I was pregnant January 2011. I've also been getting prenatal care and sono's done from day 1. So far the ultrasounds and blood tests are all perfect.
Helpful - 0
Did you have a prescription for for the hydrocodone & oxycodone?  If so I wouldn't worry about it.  If you got them off the street then I would let your dr know so they can be aware of any possible effects on the baby.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.