Opinions please!!

After trying to conceive for some time now, i finally got pregnant! i couldn't be happier! But i'm very concerned because i had my first ultrasound and measured at 6 weeks, but the results showed only the yolk sack. So the technician scheduled a second ultrasound for 2 weeks later. The results of the second ultra sound measured 6 weeks and 2 days when it should have grown to 7 weeks and 5 days and there was no heartbeat. The technician brought the doctor in because she was very concerned, and the doctor told me that he's 100% sure that i'll miscarry and wants me to schedule a D&C, which i was going to go through with.. but suddenly 3 people told me that this very same doctor told them that they would miscarry as well, and that the baby would have a birth defect or down syndrome (which he also told me) and then they all had perfectly healthy babies. I found this site, and am wondering if anything similar happened to anyone else? or if i could get some advice.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't know whether anyone will pipe up on your post with their stories,  Erica,  but I've seen this happen ALL THE TIME on this forum.  Things look very bleak,  and then somehow it's okay.  

You aren't harming anything at all by waiting.  In my opinion,  you'll always wonder if you go through a D&C now instead of waiting to naturally miscarry,  or maybe the baby is fine but you're much less far along than you thought.

I had two early miscarriages,  and my doctor advised me to wait to miscarry - you just feel better about the whole thing.  

Best wishes.
Helpful - 0
Wait it out, go in and get a second opinion! I had a dc after being diagnosed with a missed mc, but I wish I would have just waited so I knew for sure.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.