Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Ortho Micronor birth control......

I`m going to my OB-GYN soon to see if he will put me on Ortho Micronor birth control. I`ve tried Ortho tri-cyclen and it ran my blood pressure up. I also tried Depo provera shot, and it made me feel crazy! I was just wondering if anyone else on here has taken Ortho Micronor, and if so, did you have any side effects? Did you like it? Thanks......
I have taken micronor a couple of times after giving birth to my two girls, They give it to you while your breast feeding. I think the hormones are lower or something. I really liked it though, I wish I could have stayed on it but for some reason my ob wouldn't let me, so I went on the patch, ortho evra and I really like it too, I had no side effects with either. Kendra
I had difficulties with ortho-tri-cyclen too and I didn't want the shot. My doctor had never prescribed ortho-evra (the patch)and was hesitant to do so, but she did and I love her for it!!! It's so easy. They stay on really well. The only time I've had a problem with it not staying on is when I went to the beach for a week and used tanning oil everyday. The oils made it loose. So if you tan alot, its not a good option, other than that IT'S WONDERFUL!!!
Did your doctor tell you why you couldn`t stay on Ortho Micronor? I plan on being on it a while if my OB will let me. Thanks...
I am on the generic for Ortho Micronor while nursing.  The reason you can't take it once you stop nursing is because it only has the Progestin component and lacks the Estrogen component that most birth control pills have.  This is not enough to keep you from getting pregnant, if you are not nursing.  I really like this pill too.  I didn't have any side effects except that I felt light headed upon first standing up for the first 7 months or something.  I have been using it now for about 8 months, and I just realized I haven't felt that way in a little while.  
My husband and I are trying to concieve and I got off micronor about a month and a half ago.  I started bleeding today ( dark brown and not very heavy) a week sooner that when i was due for my period.  I'm not sure if it is because I got off the pill or if it might be implantaion bleeding?! If anyone has experienced from getting off mocronor please help....thanks!
I am on ortho micronor and I am into the first week of taking it I am bleeding like it is the time of the month again and its not do you recommend anything or is it just a phase getting used to it.  I have never had kids and my doctor said this would be good for me?  
I just started taking Micronor a week ago and I just started to bleeding like its my normal period.  I don't know if it is normal or not, that is why I'm searching around on the web and saw you were too.  I'm breast feeding and normally women shouldn't have periods while breastfeeding.  I know the directions said that you can have spotting, but this definitely isn't spotting.
Okay, so it turns out you can take Micronor after you are done breast feeding, but it is less effective than the combination pills (about 80% effective) according to my doctor.  This may be partly because people don't always take it at the same time every day, though, and it is even more important to do so with this pill.  The paper insert that comes with the pills says it is 99.5% effective if taken "perfectly" or that 1/200 people will become pregnant if they take it perfectly.  I love this pill.  I feel normal and happy with it.  The only side effect I have noticed was the light headedness I had during the first 8 months of taking it.  I only get that once in a while now.  With Ortho TriCyclen I had no sex drive and was just blahhh.  I didn't seem to have any good emotions.  I feel like my normal self now that I am on Micronor.  I think I will stay on this and just make sure I take it exactly on time every day.  :)
a friend of mine is on micronor as well and said its awesome...i am also planning on askin my ob at the end of the month...apparently its different than the actal pill because it does not produce a lining in your uterus and without a lining what are the chances of becoming pregnant...also if you have forgotten a pill you begin to bleed that can be good or bad...depending...the only thing is the takin the pill pretty much at the same exact time everyday...thats just what i was told....
I'm sending off for this RX today and I want to thank you for all your posts in regard to how your feelings are....I felt weird and moody and several others and took myself off oral about 6 months ago. I'll check in with an update after I start.  =)
Iam starting the ortho micronor on Sunday an the pack says if not taken on the first day of your period then use a back up for the first 48hrs. Ok Im not sure about this cause Ive alway thought that you had to wait a pack before not having to use a back up. Do any of you know anything on this or has your Dr told you other wise.Im taking this pill cause I had a miscarriage with twins about 3wks ago an they arent putting in an IUD until Nov an the Dr gave me this to take beings I cant take other BC pills anymore because of a bloodclot in my leg last yr an they say this one is ok.Thank You for any info you have.
I've been on Micronor for a month now,due to a cyst on my left ovary and scar tissue around uterus and dysfunctional uterine bleeding, I'm still having very bad sharp ovary pain and I'm still experiencing the very heavy menstrual cycles this is my second menstrual while being on Micronor. Has anyone else had this ? I'd appreciate all answers.Thanks