Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

PMS vs. Pregnant?

Alright. I do not nore have I ever had regular periods but it is usually in the first or second week of the month. it is now the end of the second week and i have a lot of the signs of PMS and early pregnancy. My nipples are REALLY tender (more than usual) by breasts seem to have grown or feel fuller (never happened before)  i have cramps off and on and i am tired all the time. but on the other hand i usually get crazy emotional but i havent yet and no cravings or feeling sick.

My boyfriend got a girl pregnant once before and he is really paranoid that the same thing will happen to us. Him asking me every day if i have started my period yet has been freaking me out and making me stress. I know that stress can delay periods but should i be conserned? when should I take a test to see if I am pregnant or not? any test perticularly better than others?

any comments will be helpfull! thank you
5 Responses
1082535 tn?1272115968
have you taken a test yet? I am in the same boat as you, irregular period my whole life and I started having the very sore breast,  A LOT of gagging especially after brushing my teeth, heartburn all the time, very sensative to smells that also made me gag and yes I was pregnant. I unfortunately lost the baby on Oct 13th.

So I would take a test and go to your doctor for a blood test.

Good luck
Symptoms dont mean  a thing since so many things can cause them.  Testing at the appropriate time is the only way to know.
right but when is the apporpriate time? can you take a test too soon? i am planning on getting a test from the drug store tomorrow.
I ended up getting really bad stomach pains. So bad i was in bed for a week, i constantly felt like i was going to throw up although i wasnt. then one night the pain got so bad my friend ended up taking me to the hospital and the ER did some tests. my stomach is fine and I AM pregnant. According to the doctor i have only been pragnant for 12-18 days now and thats why my body has been so weird and that was the cause of the pain. just my body freaking out. I told my boyfriend a couple days later when i got my emotions together and was level headed enough to tell him. he took it alright and now we are figuring out what we are going to do. :/
1082535 tn?1272115968
Oh that is WONDERFUL news!!  here's to a healthy 9 months for you.. I am still TTC and hopefully this month will be the month!!!!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.