Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Pain in early pregnancy

Hello,  I am pregnant for the fourth time.  I have two daughters and had one miscarriage.  I am only five weeks pregnant, but I am having cramping in my belly every day.  I don't remember having any cramping in the first couple of months with my other pregnancies.  The pain doesn't bring me to tears or bring me to my knees but it is uncomfortable.  The most uncomfortable part is whether it means there is something wrong.  The doctor's just told me to let them know if I bleed, which I haven't done so they don't seem concerned but this is my first pregnancy after I got diagosed with Graves Disease.  I am on hormone supplements and they have increased them to help with the pregnancy, but I guess I am just concerned.  Has anyone else had a pregnancy with cramps that you got on a daily basis during the first part of your pregnancy? How bad should it be when I should get concerned and force the doctor's to give me an ultra sound?  Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Just an idea- The more pregnancies you have, the "looser" your uterus becomes. That's why many women who have several pregnancies may have trouble pushing during labor. You may just be experiencing uterine growth more rapidly this time around, because your uterus knows the drill. But call your doctor if your pain increases to beyond uncomfortable.
Interesting, I never thought of it like that.  I have spoke with the doctor's all I was told is that I am still in the beginning stage of my pregnancy and that if I lose the baby there is nothing they can do.  They said that it could mean something is wrong or it may not be so just wanted to see if anyone experienced this before.
I had menstral like cramps for the first couple of months of my pregnancy.  Felt like I was going to start my period anytime.  At that time there were a couple of us on here about the same number of weeks pregnant and we all had it.  I'm now 35 weeks (Tuesday) and everything is fine...I wouldn't worry
i've been having twinge type cramps and back pain with mine almost since implantation. it's my 4th pregnancy. Dr. said it is totally normal and my baby is totally fine. (almost 8 weeks) try not to worry about it. easier said than done, i know. :o)
Thank you all for your comments.  It does help to know that other women felt what I am going through.  I just felt that the doctors could have tried to help me understand instead of saying well you might lose the baby or you might not and then send me on my way with bed rest.  My cramping has felt better today, I just feel sore in my stomach.  I am just worried more worried with this pregnancy because of my hormone problem having to be monitored to make sure that my dose is right if not then it could cause major problems with the baby. I didn't have this problem with my last pregnancies.  Again thanks for your comments.
you're welcome. i'm right there with you. i'm having to take progesterone supplements and thyroid medication. it's a roller coaster, but it will be soooooo worth it.

get some rest. :o)

Stacie