Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Pelvic Pressure Early Pregnancy

Is it normal to have like little, pinchy cramps in your abdomen when you are only 4 weeks pregnant?  They aren't like period cramps, and I am not bleeding, but I definately feel something down there.  If this is normal, why does it happen?  Thanks.
Farah
Yes it is normal. It is your uterus making room for the baby. As long as there is no major bleeding do not worry.
Hi Farah,

From what everyone told me it is normal.  I was having bad cramps all the time, but no bleeding.  It got to the point where i was always running to the bathroom and checking for blood.  It was driving me nuts.  Don't let it worry you.  I am at 16wks now and still having the odd cramp, but i know it is my baby making room.  :)

Congrats!
Thanks, and I will take the opportunity to throw in another question.  Do you guys strengthen your stomach muscles still?  I am nervous about it.  What stomach excersize is good, or just safe?  Thanks!
I have become ultra lazy.  I bought a book on exercises for pregos but too tired to open the book.  I heard that you should not do floor ab work, if you have an exercise ball that is better.  There are books or a trainer at a gym will know.
Fara- check with your doctor and see what he/she can recommend.
I have read also that after your first trimester you should not being doing floor abs either. Your pregnant your suppose to have a round belly!!!!Enjoy it!