Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Period 3 weeks after miscarriage?

I started my miscarriage on December 2.  I was about 5-6 weeks along.  I had light spotting/bleeding until December 9.  My doctor told me that I had a late chemical pregnancy.  Today (december 22) I started light spotting again and have mild period like cramps.  From what I have read I should be getting my period 4-6 weeks after m/c.  But, is it possible that I have started my period? TIA
6 Responses
I also had really heavy brown spotting 3 weeks post m/c and then got AF about 2.5 weeks after that. Unless it resembles AF, I don't think it is AF.
I m/c'd Oct 23rd and had AF Nov 20th when I m/c'd again.This month I had some spotting around the 10th and I had AF on the 17th. So it is possible to have a early period or a "normal" period after M/c.I'm sorry to hear about your loss.Best wishes to you!
A friend of mine went through the same thing.  She m.c and 2 wks later she had bleeding.  It was her hormones and such going back to normal or trying to go back to normal.  I got mine 37 days after I m.c.  Well my actual AF I got 37 days after my m.c.
Has anyone had continuous midcycle bleeding after their m/c?  It has been 5 months since my m/c and I have had midcycle spotting and/or bleeding every month since.  My doctor put me on progesterone suppositories (100mg 1Xdaily) but I still have this problem.
I think it is just your hormones adjusting still.  I had a lot of spotting between my m/c and first period. About 3 weeks after my m/c I thought I had gotten my period too.  I went to the doctors but he said it wasn't.  2 weeks later I got my real period.
1 Comments
Iam going through the same condition as yours.I had miscarriage  & spotting  for about 3 weeks followed by heavy bleeding for four days.  Im confused & thinking this bleeding to be my first period after miscarriage. Should I wait for some more weeks? I just can't wait to get my first period .
I had a natural miscarriage at 5/6 weeks and then got what seemed like a light cycle three weeks later. My next cycle would have been right on time (given ovulation dates) but I found myself pregnant. Unfortunately pregnancy only last 18 weeks.  
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.