Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Period after D&C

I recently had a miscarriage and had a D&C-I am wondering when to expect my period?  Thanks!
Hello. Sorry for your loss dear. I just had a MC as well with a D & C on Feb. 18th. I recently asked your same question just a few days ago. I have not had my period yet either. From what I understand it should be within 4-6 weeks after your miscarriage. hope this helps.
I had a m/c on Feb. 3rd.  I just got AF on March 17th - 42 days later.  My first m/c it took 54 days.
I think it pretty much depends on when the hcg gets out of your system and you begin ovulating again. I ovulated 2-3 days after it was gone (about 2 wks after d&c) and af 2 wks after. I have seen where some women's levels take longer to come down, naturally everything else will take longer, too. I'm sorry for your loss.
Sorry to hear about your m/c.  I had a d/c on Jan. 19th, got my first af Feb. 19th and am starting my 2nd af today, Mar. 19th. It's weird but I never had anything irregular even after my d/c.  Not all women are like this but I think someone mentioned about hcg.  It all depends when that is out of your blood and you ovulate.  Beware of the first af though.  Mine was a doozy, heavier bleeding than I've ever experienced.  I'm hoping this one won't be like that.  Good luck!  
I got my first AF 30 days after D&C.  I ovulated on day 20 & had a short luteal phase.  The whole cycle was just about 4 days longer than my normal cycle.
Hi sorry for your loss.  I had a m/c on 12/7/06 and I didn't get AF until 2/24/07!! Yes, it took 12 weeks.  I thought I was preg again.  It really does depend on the individual's body.  I went to the doctor on the 23rd because I didn't see AF and low and behold it came the next day.  I was disappointed because I want a baby so bad, but then I was happy too, so now I can start charting again.  Good luck Sweetie!