Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Period after D&C

I recently had a miscarriage and had a D&C-I am wondering when to expect my period?  Thanks!
10 Responses
194033 tn?1230787005
Hello. Sorry for your loss dear. I just had a MC as well with a D & C on Feb. 18th. I recently asked your same question just a few days ago. I have not had my period yet either. From what I understand it should be within 4-6 weeks after your miscarriage. hope this helps.
I had a m/c on Feb. 3rd.  I just got AF on March 17th - 42 days later.  My first m/c it took 54 days.
178239 tn?1277409091
I think it pretty much depends on when the hcg gets out of your system and you begin ovulating again. I ovulated 2-3 days after it was gone (about 2 wks after d&c) and af 2 wks after. I have seen where some women's levels take longer to come down, naturally everything else will take longer, too. I'm sorry for your loss.
126454 tn?1328022622
Sorry to hear about your m/c.  I had a d/c on Jan. 19th, got my first af Feb. 19th and am starting my 2nd af today, Mar. 19th. It's weird but I never had anything irregular even after my d/c.  Not all women are like this but I think someone mentioned about hcg.  It all depends when that is out of your blood and you ovulate.  Beware of the first af though.  Mine was a doozy, heavier bleeding than I've ever experienced.  I'm hoping this one won't be like that.  Good luck!  
I got my first AF 30 days after D&C.  I ovulated on day 20 & had a short luteal phase.  The whole cycle was just about 4 days longer than my normal cycle.
Hi sorry for your loss.  I had a m/c on 12/7/06 and I didn't get AF until 2/24/07!! Yes, it took 12 weeks.  I thought I was preg again.  It really does depend on the individual's body.  I went to the doctor on the 23rd because I didn't see AF and low and behold it came the next day.  I was disappointed because I want a baby so bad, but then I was happy too, so now I can start charting again.  Good luck Sweetie!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.