Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Period came early...pregnant?

I came on my period about 7 days early and it was pretty heavy for about three days...my stomach is quite bloated right now and I am no longer bleeding...is it possible to be pregnant?  
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
Once in a while the menstrual cycle delays or comes early without any obvious reason and is not a cause of concern. Usually a cycle coming 7 days early is not a sign of pregnancy unless it was an unusually heavy implantation bleeding. I suggest you wait until your actual date. Take a pregnancy test then. If the test is negative and you do not get periods then take this as your periods. If test is positive, then this could have been implantation bleed. However, it is difficult to diagnose and comment for sure on net. So please consult your gynecologist. Take care!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.