Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Period twice in 1 month

Im 25 yers old, Im not on birth control and have not been since my last Depo shot in Sept. of 08, finally had my first period on memorial day weekend and again in June regular and July regular, but some some reason I came on earlier this month (august) which was about a week or two ago now Im spotting and getting this brownish reddish when I wipe myself. I have experienced some ache in my stomach but did not pay it any attention. What should I do? get a pregnancy test?
1 Responses
134578 tn?1546634665
It sounds like you're still feeling the effects of the Depo a little, or there is something else going on like an ovarian cyst.  Bleeding and spotting are not usually pregnancy signs, but you could get a pregnancy test and take it, it wouldn't hurt.  If you don't get a more definitive period soon (like at the normal time in September based on the July period's timing), I'd give your doc a call and see what he or she says.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.