A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
118074 tn?1228332603

Playtex drop in and breast milk storage bag

Can you drop your breast milk storage bag directly into the Playtes drop in bottle?  My MIL and SIl told me I could?  Just curious,
5 Responses
As far as i know you can.....if they are made by Platex than it is aok......!
121828 tn?1333468091
I think so, I use the gerber ones and I think they are designed to do so...
195145 tn?1255640047
That is what I did... I pumped, poured it into a drop-in, put the drop-in in a bottle (so it wouldn't tip over and spill), then put it in the freezer... Once the breast milk was frozen, I took the drop-in out of the bottle (be careful not to fill the drop-in to capacity because the milk expands as it freezes) and put it is a freezer safe baggy (to prevent freezer burn) - don't forget to put the date on the baggy so that you know how long its been in the freezer... Hope that helped!
127529 tn?1331844380
I used the gerbera storage bags and they worked fine with my playtex drop in's.
118074 tn?1228332603
Awsome, so I can just take the frozen storage milk, defrost and frop directly to the bottle and feed!  I used Avent with Gavin so there were a lot of bottle washing.  I hope Hayden will take the Playtes bottle so I don't have to mess with all the washing.
Thanks!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.