Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Please help! I am afraid to lose my baby

I am now 341/2 weeks pregnant with a little boy. When I was about 24 weeks I confessed to my doctor that I was taking oxycodone about 60-70mg a day sometimes less during my pregnancy. She said they have not been drug testing me but it was a good idea to tell her. They sent me to another doctor who took a closer look at my baby. While I was there the doctor gave me some info of help agencies but there where no beds available. The doctor said if the withdrawals weren't that bad to just try and do it on my own. Thankfully I was able to quick by whemming myself off of them which took about 1 1/2 weeks. I am clean now but I am still afraid that they will get child services involved. I know that they will test his first poop and it will come out positive because I was taking the pills in my 25th week, even though I am clean. Will child services still get involved? I just don't want any surprises after I have the baby and I have heard that doctors do these types of things and contact these types of people behind your back? And once child services are involved they never get out of your life. I just want to take my baby home and live normally. Thank you so much for any insight you can give. I am losing sleep over this.
I have never been in this situation before and I have no idea what will happen, but it sounds like your heart is breaking and I just wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you and so proud of you for being honest and telling your doctor, as well as for getting off the oxycodone on your own.
Let me know how things go. You are a strong person for this.
Lots of love.
Ange
Good for you for getting clean and being honest with your doctor. Its going to depend on the county you live in because they all have their own rules. You could try doing a Google search for your area. I know where I live doctors are under legal obligation to report you to the county if they know you are using. If his stool does test positive I wouldn't be surprised if CPS does get involved. They may require you to take classes, submit to random drug testing and home visits. CPS ultimate goal is to keep children with their families provided its safe so they try to work with parents unless being there is a danger to the child.  The best thing you can do is stay clean and jump through whatever hoops they ask you too. I'm not trying to scare you but these are possibilities. Its also possible he'll test negative and nothing will come of it.