Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Postive EPT but negative @ doctor's office

I recently had a cycle on Dec.20th and skippred my cycle for January. My cycle is normally every 27 days (on the dot) so this concerned me. I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and all three were positive. I went to the docotor yesterday and took a urine test and it came back negative. My cycle should have come around the 13th or 16th. Is there a posibility that I am not pregnant? One of the nurses told me that EPT's are usually dead on but that you have to wait 2 weeks after your missed period for an accurate result with the urine test. As well, why do I still have dull feelings like my cycle may still come on? Outside of being tired and slightly tender breasts I have no other symptoms. What do you think? I am going back in two weeks to make sure.
Ask for a blood test. Only that is 100% proof positive if you are or aren't pregnant.
Mine was only faintly postive at the Dr's office while at home I was getting nice dark lines. I would call and have them do a blood test.
But do I have to wait the actual two weeks in order to do that or can I just make an appointment for this week? I can't stand being in limbo like this
You can request a blood test. A QUANTITIVE blood test. Good luck.
I got positives at home, went to the doctor and they told me it was negative.  So they did a blood test right then since I had already had a positive at home.  That was all done within a couple of days of my missed period.  The blood test came back positive.  The doctor's office urine tests are no better than the HPT you take.
Was the doctors test done with a FIRST morning urine?  If it is very early and the urine was dilute at the doctors, it could have been negative from that.  

Either get a qualitative blood test, or simply wait a week or so and test again.
I took the test at 11:50am but I think it was the first time I went to the restroom. I honestly can't remember. I'm just trying to see if there could be any other reason it could be positive. I am going through a stressful situation right now with support from friends but none from my mother. I'm not in the exact perfect situation with the father-I'm 28yrs old and I know everything she thinks doesn't matter but it makes this decision so much harder for me knowing she won't or can't be here for me.
With this one I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they were faintly positive then the doctors was inconclusive. Sometimes even with a faint line they will rule it as negative or inconclusive...they need that second line visable. I had to go back with first morning urine, they sent me home with a cup. It came back positive but faint.
I would call them for that or a blood test. Maybe buy another brand and see if you get the same result. Maybe it was the box?? I dunno...but good luck and update!!
Yeah I took two different brands. If I take another one I'll fall out...lol I'm going to wait for a week or so and then get the blood test done if my nerves can hang in there that long :) I'm ok with it either way at this point I just want to to be sure. Thanks for all the help.
by the way the results appeared fast...I barely had tinme to flush the toilet ...lol
Hmm...I bet you are.
Maybe you could call them and request a blood test. I mean if you are pregnant it would show up now on one. You can wait another week but if you are already get positives at home on a HPT then it won't change in a week.
My husband and I tried to get pregnant for almost two and half years before I finally conceived.  I was taking pregnancy tests when I thought I might be pregnant.  I did have my period but it was very short.  I had the feeling I was pregnant because my hips were very sore, I started gaining weight, and I woke up everyday with heartburn.  I did not have alot of morning sickness but I sure had hearburn from day one. When I took this test it came positive right away without waiting the minute or two minutes.

I immediately called my doctor and she scheduled a blood test for that same day.  I just had to go to the hospital and get the blood taken.  My case was a little unusual as my father was in the hospital just diagnosed with cancer so the doctors thought to have this test done and the results right away would pick up the families spirits.  I found out that I was infact pregnant the next day.

I went to my dads room and said, I have something to tell you and my mom blurts out your pregnant.  I never really got to tell them my mom guessed.

Unfortunately, my father and my son died the same day this passed summer.  I still do not know what caused my sons death.  He did live for a day and I got to hold him.  The doctors think had I not gone into labour early(10 days early- 38 weeks) my son would have been stillborn. They believe it was something in his blood that caused everything but until I have the autopsy results I will not know for sure.

Make sure you ask for a blood test, it is the only sure way to know you are pregnant and it does not matter what time it is taken.