Pregnancy

According to my last menstrual period that was december 6 my due date is september eleven. So i should be 221/2 i had an ultrasound done yasturday and it came out that i im 24 weeks which is a big difference and they changed my due date to august 15 and im confused.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi!
Gestational age calculated by the longest length of the baby in first 12 weeks usually matches the last menstrual period (LMP) method plus minus a week. Hence this difference could come up between the two methods. In the second trimester this difference can be of plus minus 8-9 days (at times 2 weeks). In third trimester the difference can be up to plus minus 2 weeks. Hence the difference depends on when the scan was taken. I would not panic too much for a difference of 2 weeks in second trimester. However, please consult your gynecologist. Take care!
Helpful - 0
I had another ultrasound done on may 16 of last week and they remeasured my baby and she measured the weeks that i have not what the gynecologist told me and he really stressed me out and that is not got for my baby or me. But when they remeasured her she also explained to me that everybody measures different.
Helpful - 0
Wow how can that be! My last menstrual period was December the 4th and my due date is the October the 8th. I had my first ultrasound at 12 weeks and they told me that it was for Oct the 8 wish was what I though it would be. Then my second ultrasound was week ago, I was 19 weeks and the confirm the date. I'm surprise with your resulted, but as long the baby is fine, I guess that the date does not matter right. Good luck to you and your baby. God bless you both, take care.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
My doctor remeasured my belly and it measured 27 which is what i have now. And he was surprised to when he found out they had decided to change my due date so he decided to schedule another ultrasound.
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry i meant to say that when i was measuring 22 1/2 weeks the gynecologist had told me that i was measuring 26 weeks which is a month of difference thats why he decided to change my due date to august 15.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.