Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Pregnancy while breastfeeding

Pregnacy tests say to test after your first missed period.  When do I test when I feel I may be pregnant and I am currently breastfeeding my 5 month old but I have not yet had my first period only spotting about three weeks ago?  I have taken 2 pregnancy tests which have both turned up negative.  Should I just take this that I am not pregnant or do I have to waite longer and test again?
your best bet is a blood test right about now
This happened to me as well. I was nursing my dd up until 10 months...that's when i just knew i was pregnant. I was sooooo tired and would fall asleep while feeding her. I was VERY cranky and just knew something was up.
I took 2 tests and both came out negative...so i assumed i wasn't ..but in the back of myy mind knew i was.  I went away with my dh's family and his uncle (out of the blue) said...you're pregnant...and it's a girI. I looked at my dh with big eyes...thinking...what the heck! nobody knew we were trying either. So when we got home i tested again..and sure enough...we are due in feb....WITH A GIRL!
So bottom line...do you feel any different?
And yes...test again or get blood work....