Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Pregnancy while breastfeeding

Pregnacy tests say to test after your first missed period.  When do I test when I feel I may be pregnant and I am currently breastfeeding my 5 month old but I have not yet had my first period only spotting about three weeks ago?  I have taken 2 pregnancy tests which have both turned up negative.  Should I just take this that I am not pregnant or do I have to waite longer and test again?
2 Responses
your best bet is a blood test right about now
This happened to me as well. I was nursing my dd up until 10 months...that's when i just knew i was pregnant. I was sooooo tired and would fall asleep while feeding her. I was VERY cranky and just knew something was up.
I took 2 tests and both came out negative...so i assumed i wasn't ..but in the back of myy mind knew i was.  I went away with my dh's family and his uncle (out of the blue) said...you're pregnant...and it's a girI. I looked at my dh with big eyes...thinking...what the heck! nobody knew we were trying either. So when we got home i tested again..and sure enough...we are due in feb....WITH A GIRL!
So bottom line...do you feel any different?
And yes...test again or get blood work....
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.