Pregnant & Confused

I found out I was pregnant on July 24th, 2015. That day I went to an Urgent Care, just to be sure. They told me I was about 6 weeks and 3 days. I'm not sure when my last period was, but I have been giving them the date June 19th, honestly I could be wrong. I've gone to two different hospitals and they all have told me that there is no heartbeat. I went to my OB and she reviewed the U/S she sent me in for. She told me something doesn't seem right to her, so she sent me to Winnie on August 12th. They told me that my baby hasn't grown in two weeks, that its reading at the same weeks and days I was two weeks prior to that day. Then they told me they still can't hear a heartbeat. I couldn't give up right then and there, so I waited a week to make an appointment with a different OB. He told me yesterday August 26th, that what he read is to be true. But my hCG levels are still high. He told me at 6 weeks the levels should be 29 but mine was 40,069, is that true? That my hCG levels are too high for being that early? I still don't want to give up on my baby. So I did another blood test yesterday and I have one on Friday. Then Tuesday I go for another U/S. I just need help and understanding on whats true or not? Help, please.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello I haven't had a period since July 24th and when I tested it was positive but very faint. Went to the doctor and the hospital and their test was negative so I waited for a couple of days they we're positive faint but darker than before then I took a digital and also positive but before negative. So I decided to go to the hospital and there test was positive finally but faint so they took blood work and it was positive and my hcg levels were 45 am I losing my baby? Or have anyone went through the exact same and had a healthy pregnancy. They said with it is a early pregnancy or a threatened m/c I haven't had any pain or bleeding someone please help me
Helpful - 0
It sounds like you have a molar pregnancy, though why they would not have been able to tell you that via your ultrasound, I don't know.  At 6 weeks, 29 would be too low, but it is true that 40,069 is too high.  In any case, do your blood tests and that will tell you a lot (whether the number is increasing or simply holding still).  Do your ultrasound, and if there is no heartbeat then either, I think I would take the ob-gyn's word for it that this is a loss.  I'm sorry.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.