Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Pregnant with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disorder/disease

My sister-inlaw is 5 months pregnant with this disease. It's very rare. She's having a very diffucult time. Not one doctor seems to know anything about this disease and how to treat it during pregnancy.
Is there anyone out there with the same condition? and how are you dealing with it?
2 Responses
google this.  I did and found a bunch of websites.  Here is one:

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic2937.htm

I hope this helps!
I do have the same condition. In my medical record it is written as Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, but it's the same thing. I have 2 girls, ages 3 1/2 years, and 3 mos. The first came after 7 miscarriages, and the 2nd after several more miscarriages. My pregnancy with my 1st daughter wasn't too bad, but after, my problems got worse. with baby #2, the pregnancy was very hard. I felt awful the whole time. I had always thought I'd have a lot of children, but have decided that I can't be pregnant again. I had to stop all my medications, and in order to nurse, I can't take them either. This means about a 2 year break from medications that prevent the disease from damaging my body more. If her Dr. is smart, he'll treat her like a Lupus patient. The conditions are very similar, and so are the treatments. What are her worst problems? I may have some advice. I've done a lot of research in the past few years.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.