Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Provera and Early Pregnancy

I went to the doctor for irregular menstrual cycles...  He prescribed Provera to me... If I was in the early weeks of pregnancy... would this harm anything?
How late are you, and have you taken a pregnancy test?.
yes it would, Provera usually is given after a pregnancy test is taken, if negative you take it to bring your late period back. That's what my Doctor used to tell me.
i have taken 3 tests... all of which are negative... however i am about 3 weeks late and the provera has not made me have a cycle yet... how long does it normally take?
Does anyone know if you can get pregnant on provera?  My doc. put me on it b/c of abnormal bleeding (no periods for 3+ mths and then constant bleeding for 14+ days).  The pregnancy test was negative before taking the provera, but I'm just wondering if you can get pregnant while actually taking it?