Quick Question

I am currently 7 weeks & 2 days pregnant. I was supposed to fly to Portland,  OR tomorrow to my mom and brothers but found out if I get on the plane, due to the air pressure I can get a miscarriage God forbid. When the most safest time for a pregnant woman to fly. The flight is only 1 hr 45 mins, From Las Vegas, NV to Portland, OR
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've never heard it is dangerous to fly at 7 weeks.  They begin to get nervous about a woman flying later than about week 36.
Helpful - 0
I've never heard this either. I flew at 12 weeks from Minnesota to Florida and back with no problems. Maybe it would be best to call and ask your doctor their opinion.
Helpful - 0
Thanks guys for the feedback. Really appreciate it. I see my gynecologist Wednesday on the 22nd so I will find out then forsure (:
Helpful - 0
I wouldn't hesitate calling in to the office tomorrow so you don't have to wait. What part of Vegas? I used to live in Summerlin ages ago.
Helpful - 0
When I was pregnant with my first baby I traveled to Dominica and back and I didn't get  one but the ride is uncomfortable and tirsum
Helpful - 0
Usually safest is second trimester. First trimester is too risky, and third trimester it might put you into labor.
Helpful - 0
Southwest Las Vegas (: Summerlin is a few minutes away from me and thanks again for the feedback you guys. I didn't get on the plane I just didn't want to risk it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.