Racoon Eyes in a 7 month old??

under neath aubrees eyes have been purple/black for a week now... at first i thought maybe shes just tired but she slep 10 hours last nighta nd already took a 2 hour nap.. so shes not tired... what else can it be? allergies maybe? she rubs her nose and eyes alot during the day
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sounds like allergy shinners to me.  I had the same thing as a child.  I still have them now as an adult.  I use concealor all of the time.  Even medications for my allergies don't help them.  I think it is something that she will have to just live with.
Helpful - 0
rule out allergies.  my daughter had a similar under eye thing going on for years, and was tested for juvenile dermatomyositis, which is exactly what it looked like, but she fortunately didn't have that, she responded well to medicine for rosacea, even though that is not what it looked like.  but start with allergy meds and/or testing!
Helpful - 0
mami-- dang so she might have these all her life? my mom has the black circles under her eyes always has.. i guess aubree in herited them/

i think i will get her an allergy test
Helpful - 0
Allergy testing isn't going to be reliable until she is much older (usually 2+ years).  The dark circles can very well be allergic shiners...OR hereditary!

My daughter is 2.5 and has them as well.  Always has.  :(  People always ask if she's tired or has been crying!  They are much more noticeable when she IS tired, or sick.  Hers are hereditary.  (thanks to me!)  :)
Helpful - 0
I've always had them, and I've always had bad rhino-conjuntivitis (nasal allergies) the mucus glands around the eyes stay congested with mucus that start acumulating from your nasal glands.  I'm extremely allergic to cats and dust and so I sneeze a ton and have stuffy nose and eyes itch and then I get the dark circles.
It gets better when the allergies are controlled.  If she's indoor a lot then she may have indoor allergies which are usually nasal.  Keep her sheets clean and keep her room dusted and pets away.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.