Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Really Gassy during early pregnancy

Is there anyone else out there who has been really gassy during their pregnancy?  I'm 4 weeks....and really really gassy.  Just wondered if you had been.
I was. That was the FIRST symptom I ever had, and it lasted well into my first trimester.
Not that I still don't have it, but the initial weeks were AWFUL. It didn't even stink! It was just pure air most of the time! LOL

It got to the point where I would just let them go in front of my dh (no matter how big) and when he'd look at me, I'd look at him with REAL innocent eyes and say "But HONEY, I can't help it...I'm pregnant!" LOL
I use that excuse for everything now...but especially when I have to let one!

I have been wanting to ask the same thing.  Thanks Allie for being the brave one.  :-)  I have been really gassy for several weeks now.
i have my days, i was real gassy at the beginning and sometimes now,(i'm  31 wks) i get real gassy. Not very much though.
I just feel like things are rumbling around in my intestines!!! !  And, yes, same as you said, it's just air....it kinda hurts!!!  Sheesh!

I'm glad to know that is normal.
I wasn't gassy in the beginning. I am now 36 weeks and finding that is getting a little worse unfortunately.
What's really bad is that you CAN'T hold them! Even if you DO want to...you just can't! They just slip out when you least expect it, like bending over to pick something up, or climbing out of the car. It just happens! LOL

My dh let one the other day, and when he looked over to see if I'd heard it, I just smiled and said "I know...you can't help it, because I'M pregnant"
He just laughed and said, "YEAH, because YOU'RE pregnant!"
that's hilarious!  My dh's family cracks jokes about him letting them go and "oh your poor wife," when in reality, he'll smile at me a say quietly, "Poor wife?  Poor me!"  It's so funny!  My thing is, if I'm bad now, what will it be like when I am pg?!?!  Scary!
I'm in my tww and soooo gassy.  I'm blaming the clomid and I just tell my husband, "Honey, I can't help it...I have issues going on. It's the drugs and hormones."  I really don't know if that is the reason, but hey, it sounds good and he doesn't know the diff:)  I hope it's the reason though, because I've never been so gassy for so long in my life!  How embarrassing huh?
Mine has been really crappy too ... especially at night. From weeks 4-10 I would get really gassy and bloated every single night. It sucked! I couldn't even give myself "belly time" like a baby because it has been uncomfortable to lay on my stomach since before I even found out I was pregnant (I think it was mental at first because I just had this feeling I was pregnant, and I would wake up in the middle of the night on my stomach and really uncomfortable). In my MIL's words, "this too shall pass" ... she always says that when I gripe about my nausea. It's funny. Live it up! ;0)
LOL I'm glad someone asked this.  It's been horrible for me!  Thank you for letting me know its normal.
Oh god, im soo glad its not only me, i have managed never to break wind infront of my boyfriend of 6 yrs...until now, its cringeworthily embarassing, considering he informed me recently he doesn't think girls should infront of men, but of course its funny for him to do it!! Just having a cuddle the other morning when one slipped out...Eeeek!! He just said, 'don't even try and blame that on me', good job they don't smell, or this story would have been too mortifying to print! Done it twice now, and have taken to saying 'oops' and 'he he' its the only way i can cope with it! Its only when im half asleep thank god! This is my second child, and i DO NOT remember these side effects last time!! But nice to know im in good company!! lol x
Wow, same here, i am 7w today and start to feel crampy but here it is just gas THANK GOD!!!  This is my 3rd child and didn't have this before, but i would assume it is ok and normal.  
My only concern is at 6w4d i had an u/s and no heartbeat, just the sac, no mention of pole etc. So i am not sure and wasn't sure what to look for or ask at that visit.  From reading entries in here this seems to be ok as everyone is different.  I absoluty can not wait until my next u/s...................should i be worried?????