Red blotch on son's face

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.  This morning I notice on Jayden's face a red blotch.  It looked like a slight rash.  It's not hives and now my mom said it's gotten slightly bigger.  I washed his face when I saw it with plain water, I didn't put anything on it.  Does anyone know what it might be?  I gave him Sweet Potato yesterday for the first time.  He barely ate it because he didn't like it, do you think maybe it would be an allergic reaction?  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sometimes Ethan will get a weird rash on his face for a day to two then it goes away.  Maybe just keep an eye on it.  Everytime I see it on Ethan I just put a cold wet washcloth on it incase it is something that is irratating his skin.
Helpful - 0
I think the sweet potatoes could very well be the culprit.

Abby always got red blotches on her face from any red/orange foods, natural or with dye.
Helpful - 0
He likes the squash and never got a reaction.  I think I will keep the sweet potato out of his diet...lol.  He didn't like them anyway.  My mom is bringing him to me during my lunch hour so I will see if it's still there.  
Helpful - 0
Isn't the squash more yellow though?

Squash never effected Abby...only the orange and bright reds....

She used to eat grape tomatoes like they were candy....and after every feeding she'd be red....never itchy really, just red and blotchy...Her Dr said she'd grow out of it....and she did to an extent but still breaks out with certain things.
Helpful - 0
I don't know what color it is.  I think it is yellow, but it looks sort of orange.  He ate carrot and didn't get blotchy but he hated it.  He loves squash, sweet peas, grean beans and that's about it right now.  He hates Applesauce, peaches, carrots and sweet potato.  He's so picky.  I would have thought he would love sweet potato since he liked squash.  What can I say my child is strange...lol.
Helpful - 0
Jake was pretty picky too....still is....so good luck.
Helpful - 0
It could be from the sweet potatoes. DD gets a slight rash when she eats tomato sauce or anything red or orange too. I have found that if I put aveeno baby lotion on it, the rash clears up quick.
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies....it seems to be clearing up.  My mom brought him at my lunch hour and it's getting a bit lighter in color so I think I will steer clear of the sweet potatoes.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.