Returning to work.

When is to early to return to work. My baby is 2 weeks and 5 days old and I'm thinking about returning to work this week. My manager days he doesn't need the maternity paperwork being as though I wouldn't have stayed out a month. But is 3 weeks to early to return to work.? I need the money so if its safe for me to Go back i need to go.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It's your decision, if you feel like you can handle, by all means. I've been there and returned before when my son was 3 weeks. I didn't have a demandful, job either. Just make sure to listen to your body
Helpful - 1
Helpful - 0
If your doctor ok's it.
Helpful - 0
The earliest appt is the 9th of January I can't afford to wait till then to start working.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
my doctor told me that as soon as I am feeling up to it I can go back. so as long as labor went well and they aren't worried about anything as long as u feel u are good there probably shouldn't be an issue with it
Helpful - 0
I went back to work at 4 weeks so I don't see why not.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.